The Student Room Group

Revision

What time of the day should i revise? like i want to sleep well, but i also want to start revision earlier at the day but i feel like starting at 4 would be very tiring or starting at 12 would be demotivating. idk if thats just me but could anyone give any suggestions? sorry this is quite a dumb question
Reply 1
It’s up to u, but it’s important that you make a routine for revising. Don’t be revising at 3am when you feel like it then stop.
When I was doing GCSE I would revise for 4 hours. (Revise one hour , 30 min break , revise). If you feel that you revise in the afternoon better like I did or in the mornings I would suggest making a timetable and ensuring that you use these times to revise; then making your evenings free.
Reply 2
Original post by Quakcolapa
What time of the day should i revise? like i want to sleep well, but i also want to start revision earlier at the day but i feel like starting at 4 would be very tiring or starting at 12 would be demotivating. idk if thats just me but could anyone give any suggestions? sorry this is quite a dumb question

do u mean 4am?!?! that is a ridiculous time to start revising!!
Reply 3
Original post by Syed998
It’s up to u, but it’s important that you make a routine for revising. Don’t be revising at 3am when you feel like it then stop.
When I was doing GCSE I would revise for 4 hours. (Revise one hour , 30 min break , revise). If you feel that you revise in the afternoon better like I did or in the mornings I would suggest making a timetable and ensuring that you use these times to revise; then making your evenings free.

i guess i do have a routine (used to be 30/10 but now its generally 7-10 hours) but this is for my year 9 end of years, and I started a month prior however i wasted like three weeks doing notes and i feel like i still need to do some more recap so im just revising with the time i have because my eoys are in 2 days. tysm for the feedback tho
Reply 4
Original post by sadfhjvl
do u mean 4am?!?! that is a ridiculous time to start revising!!

i thought i could fit in more subjects that way :,)
Reply 5

go to bed early and get a good sleep, start revision at 9 and wake at 8 then you have a chance to get a coffee and shower and change. if you work for an hour and get half an hours break in between then you don't get tired. i always stop revising at around 3 because i find it harder to concentrate but whatever time is good for you is good.
Original post by amelia.c.r
go to bed early and get a good sleep, start revision at 9 and wake at 8 then you have a chance to get a coffee and shower and change. if you work for an hour and get half an hours break in between then you don't get tired. i always stop revising at around 3 because i find it harder to concentrate but whatever time is good for you is good.

yess i do the exact same thing but i try to get in 5-7 hrs (depending on my mood) using the pomodoro technique cuz my attention span is relatively low
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
yess i do the exact same thing but i try to get in 5-7 hrs (depending on my mood) using the pomodoro technique cuz my attention span is relatively low

oh yeah same pomodoro works for me cuz i get distracted rlly easily
Reply 8
whats promodro
Reply 9

Thank you so much, ill be using this for future exams
Reply 10
whats promodro

its a time management technique, usually you revise for 25 mins and take a break for 5 mins (25/5) so that your brain isn't overworking and can actually benefit from the revision. Tho some ppl do longer revision sessions like 30/5 or 60/10. It works for me because I dont feel tired or unmotivated and it helps me stay in track.
whats promodro

it exactly what quakcolapa said. i use this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZotMw2zb0&t=4963s&pp=ygUXc3R1ZHkgd2l0aCByb3J5IGdpbG1vcmU%3D to keep me motivated
Reply 12

Heya!
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best time for revision can vary for different individuals. It's important to find a schedule that works well for you and aligns with your natural energy levels and concentration. Try experimenting with different time slots to see when you feel most productive and alert :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest