The Student Room Group

Article: Ten ways to stop wasting revision time now

You can view the page at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=14693-10-ways-to-stop-wasting-revision-time-now

Let's bust procrastination once and for all TSR :bl:

Which of these tips do you find most helpful? Do you have something that works for you, that isn't mentioned here?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Omg this is for me!! :lol:

:biggrin:
This is so me! I'm so happy to have read the feed, hopefully my revision technique improves now :smile:
It's too late for me to start I'm expected 8 A*s and 3 As and I haven't started!!!!!!!!! I'm on As and Bs!!!!
I spent 5 minutes reading through this article, which I could have used for revision! AARRGGHH THE STRESS
Reply 5
This is me 10/10 everyday I come up with excuses or what would be a 'better day' to do a particular subject 😂😂
Original post by sumi99
It's too late for me to start I'm expected 8 A*s and 3 As and I haven't started!!!!!!!!! I'm on As and Bs!!!!

You wouldn't be predicted grades like that if you couldn't achieve them! Honestly, just do short amounts of revision everyday leading up to exams and I'm sure you'll get all A's and A*'s. Also, A's and B's aren't bad grades at all even if that's what you come off with you'll still have done well! :smile:
Original post by aish98xo
You wouldn't be predicted grades like that if you couldn't achieve them! Honestly, just do short amounts of revision everyday leading up to exams and I'm sure you'll get all A's and A*'s. Also, A's and B's aren't bad grades at all even if that's what you come off with you'll still have done well! :smile:

I think i've ran out of time.... 6 weeks is practically nothing :frown: probably gonna stay on Bs :frown:
Original post by sumi99
I think i've ran out of time.... 6 weeks is practically nothing :frown: probably gonna stay on Bs :frown:

Six weeks is more than enough time! Remember, you've already got all the information you need in your head, revision is just re-caping and reminding yourself of things you already know :smile:
Reply 9
I'm afraid, I am procrastinating right now, while reading this article...
Reply 10
Isn't it so ironic how they are naming 10 ways to stop procrastinating when if fact, by reading this, you are procrastinating while reading this?
I need this im like so bad at actually getting down to work netflix takes up so much of my time...
Love this :heart:
Reply 13
Glad i'm not the only one!
Loving it :bubbles::heart:
Reply 15
Reading the coments.... totally no procrastination....
Original post by JamJam87
Omg this is for me!! :lol:

:biggrin:

:wavey:
Hope you've found it helpful & had a super productive weekend :h:

Original post by sumi99

Make a plan, crack on & start steamin' through some past papers and you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by aish98xo
This is so me! I'm so happy to have read the feed, hopefully my revision technique improves now :smile:

So glad you've found it helpful :bl: Good luck!!

Original post by AnimeTenchou
I spent 5 minutes reading through this article, which I could have used for revision! AARRGGHH THE STRESS

Hopefully 5 minutes well-spent :wink: Stay calm, 5 mins out of the weekend in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make any difference :h:

Original post by Shaena
This is me 10/10 everyday I come up with excuses or what would be a 'better day' to do a particular subject 😂😂

Hope you've had good weekend :smile: Which subject do you put off?
I found it incredibly helpful, thank you :smile:
At least some of you are predicted grades A*/A.
I'm predicted B's and C's and I really want A's to get into the courses I want at A Level.
Any tips sumi99 and aish98xo ?
Original post by bunnyland
At least some of you are predicted grades A*/A.
I'm predicted B's and C's and I really want A's to get into the courses I want at A Level.
Any tips sumi99 and aish98xo ?

I say you can definitely achieve A's :smile:

some tips I can offer are:
Revise as much as you can, but make sure that your revision is manageable. There's no point in revising for 5 hours if you're not taking any of it in. Instead, try revising for shorter periods, such as 45 minutes, then take a small break and go back to revising. Re-cap the previous topics you were revising and then move on to a new one. Also, once you finished revising a few topics try doing practice exam questions to test yourself. Ask your teachers for tips on how to revise, they might be able to provide you with super helpful techniques. Try and get them to mark your practice exam questions, they'll be able to identify where you're going wrong. You should also ask them about your weakness, at this point they know everything about you as a student and learner! The most important thing to remember is, you know everything you need to know. Revision is just reminding you of topics you've studied a while back and helping you to remember key points. Whatever you do, don't panic yourself! If you find yourself panicking take a break and relax. Oh and be careful not to over revise, it can be especially tempting right before the exams. Try and relax the night before, briefly reding over your notes, by that point you'll know all that you can! :smile:

I hope my massive rambling paragraph is helpful! Feel free to ask me anything you're unsure of, maybe I'll be able to help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending