The Student Room Group

Should i go to uni??

After my A levels i don't know what to do, is it worth me going to uni or better off seeking employment if anyone would hire me that is.
I have 11gcses, C in A level Media, E in accounting and E in Business studies. For AS level i got a C in Media, D in business and a D in Accounting. any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by help meh
After my A levels i don't know what to do, is it worth me going to uni or better off seeking employment if anyone would hire me that is.
I have 11gcses, C in A level Media, E in accounting and E in Business studies. For AS level i got a C in Media, D in business and a D in Accounting. any advice would be appreciated.

If you're unsure or have any doubts about going to university, wait. Don't just jump the gun because everyone else is going. Do you know what you'd want to study at university? I don't know about some university courses, but some may ask for higher grades at A Level. However, I'm not entirely sure about that so don't take my word for it!
Original post by help meh

Is the A Level result your overall result from both years? If so, E is a fail and unfortunately universities tend to at least consider someone with 3 A Levels (D+) - however, I'm sure there are other courses you may consider, depending whether or not you really want to go to university. Although I will be going to university this year, I know it isn't required for everyone. Sometimes apprenticeships offer degrees as part of their plan (and you get paid for it rather than paying for it for yourself!)

Hope I've helped and good luck!
Original post by CeeDixon
If you're unsure or have any doubts about going to university, wait. Don't just jump the gun because everyone else is going. Do you know what you'd want to study at university?

This all over.

You can attend Uni at any point should you wish. At my school they made it sound like it's Uni or be homeless, so I jumped into a course I didn't want to do, transferred to a different one BEFORE I even started and now am transferring again because I'm only just realising what I want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending