The Student Room Group

A2 choices for medicine

I currently take Biology , Chemestry, Maths and Philosophy. I would like to do medicine in university and was wondonering which subject would be better to continue with in A2 out of philosophy and maths.
I don't really like maths that much and I really enjoy philosophy, I think I could also get a better grade in it, but still, which subject would it be better to take?
Original post by GreyR
I currently take Biology , Chemestry, Maths and Philosophy. I would like to do medicine in university and was wondonering which subject would be better to continue with in A2 out of philosophy and maths.
I don't really like maths that much and I really enjoy philosophy, I think I could also get a better grade in it, but still, which subject would it be better to take?

Hey

I know someone in the year above me who has an offer from Manchester and Newcastle for A*AA; she dropped maths for A2 and continued philosophy and ethics, alongside biology and chemistry.

My point is, do which you're most likely to get the grade in. Maths isn't a requirement for any medical school, and though maths is a popular third subject, not having it will act as no hindrance.

Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest