The Student Room Group

IB Subject Choices for Law or International Relations

Hey, I'm currently in grade 10 and in the process of selecting my IB subjects for next year. I'm interested in studying Law or International Relations in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, LSE or Dundee but I'm still not sure if I selected the right subjects:
English A Literature HL
Spanish A Language and Literature HL
History HL
ESS SL
Mathematics SL
Economics SL.
Will the subject ESS damage my chances at a good university or should I choose another science (Bio, Chemistry or Physics). I'm not particularly good at the sciences and I think ESS will definately help me raise my overall points but will universities judge me too much for that?
Original post by federollo24
Hey, I'm currently in grade 10 and in the process of selecting my IB subjects for next year. I'm interested in studying Law or International Relations in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, LSE or Dundee but I'm still not sure if I selected the right subjects:
English A Literature HL
Spanish A Language and Literature HL
History HL
ESS SL
Mathematics SL
Economics SL.
Will the subject ESS damage my chances at a good university or should I choose another science (Bio, Chemistry or Physics). I'm not particularly good at the sciences and I think ESS will definately help me raise my overall points but will universities judge me too much for that?

Don't worry, your subjects are completely fine. Spanish, English and History HL - perfect for law or international relations. Good luck.
Reply 2
Tbh, admission offices don't really look at your SLs, especially if they're not connected to you selected course. What you really need to work on are the overall score and your HLs. Some unis ask for grades in particular subjects (e.g. 6 in Maths and Physics HL, in my case) or score in your HLs (for example 19 points or 766).
Reply 3
Original post by azulu
Tbh, admission offices don't really look at your SLs, especially if they're not connected to you selected course. What you really need to work on are the overall score and your HLs. Some unis ask for grades in particular subjects (e.g. 6 in Maths and Physics HL, in my case) or score in your HLs (for example 19 points or 766).

Wow thanks :smile: If that's the case then I may proceed with the current subject choices I made and work hard for a good grade to go to Scotland :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending