The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago - just tried to reinstall it and I'VE LOST EVERYTHING :zomg:

:zomg: . I'm sorry :sad:

Were you connected to Google+ or Game Center? http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Recovering_a_lost_village_that_wasn't_linked_to_GC_or_GPlus
Original post by Nirgilis
I see your clan wars a fair bit :colone: . Does your clan have a set war castle troop combination? I've seen many work over the time, and many fail. What would you most like to have in your war castle to defend?

Well, my clan is constantly warring, but because almost all of us are currently upgrading heroes (at high levels you sort of need the heroes to 2 star easily) not that many of us are actually in the wars, so we seem to be doing a lot of 15 vs 15 wars lately (with about 4-5 second accounts warring too).
As for war cc, we choose what we like (so quite a lot of 1 witch/1 wiz/1 loon/5 minions/4 archer combos now, or 1 witch rest archers and a few of us use a lava hound to defend). But these all depend on the base we are using to defend with and occasionally the armies we think our opponents are likely to use.
As for my favourite defensive cc, I don't really have one (I'm using 1 witch, rest archers atm), but again that will change when I change my base, which may be quite soon as it hasn't been defending well against air attacks.
I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago - just tried to reinstall it and I'VE LOST EVERYTHING :zomg:

Nooo, Puddles!
Do you know if you'd connected your account to a Game Centre or a Google Plus account?
We now have a lvl 6 member join us. IT'S SUCH A CUTE VILLAGE :teeth:

I'm good for defence at the moment thanks, I got demolished by a TH10 yesterday in which defence would have been useless, and it's pretty quiet on the attack front otherwise :lol: . However, I now have a new revenge attack target :colone: . Not sure quite how to deal with pesky inferno towers however :pierre:

Yeah infernos are rather tricky to deal with, even when you are a TH10 :confused:
Original post by l1lvink

Nooo, Puddles!
Do you know if you'd connected your account to a Game Centre or a Google Plus account?
Would have been G+

I'll try and see if I can fix this later!
Reply 25
Would have been G+

I'll try and see if I can fix this later!

Any luck so far? :colone:
Reply 26
:woo: . My upgrade to TH9 just finished! :woo:

Now to test out queeny :colone:
Reply 27
dhr90
xx

The other way to protect your loot is to not have any loot :colone: . Just went from 6 million gold to 0 gold with the purchase of 2 x-bows :tongue:

l1lvink
xx

I was completely unaware that the attack matching is now 750 gold :tongue: . How much is it at TH10? :tongue:

Also, the queen's pretty weak at lvl 1, when does she start to become worth it? :tongue:
Reply 28
I'm now in Bronze 3 league. That should protect most of my resources :biggrin:

How long did it take you guys to save up the gold to upgrade your walls to the blue/purple ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by dhr90

How long did it take you guys to save up the gold to upgrade your walls to the blue/purple ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At TH8, you have 225 walls, each costing 500,000 gold.

That's 225 x 200,000 = 45,000,000 gold.

Assuming you have 6x lvl 12 collectors, making 3,500 gold an hour, you're making 21,000 an hour.

45,000,000/21,000 = 2142 hours, which translates to 90 days, or roughly 3 months :tongue:

In reality, it took me about 1 month as I supplemented my wall building with weekend raids :yep:
Reply 30
At TH8, you have 225 walls, each costing 500,000 gold.

That's 225 x 200,000 = 45,000,000 gold.

Assuming you have 6x lvl 12 collectors, making 3,500 gold an hour, you're making 21,000 an hour.

45,000,000/21,000 = 2142 hours, which translates to 90 days, or roughly 3 months :tongue:

In reality, it took me about 1 month as I supplemented my wall building with weekend raids :yep:

Thanks lol. I've got more cannon, archer towers, wizard towers, mortars, bombs etc to upgrade too. I need to find some good targets to raid. Shame we haven't got a large enough clan to start wars yet!
Reply 31
Original post by dhr90
Thanks lol. I've got more cannon, archer towers, wizard towers, mortars, bombs etc to upgrade too. I need to find some good targets to raid. Shame we haven't got a large enough clan to start wars yet!

I quoted a load of people in the other thread, as you know :colone: . I'll give it till the start of next week and start getting more... liminal :colone:

Posting on this thread, though, bumps this up on the recent discussions, so hopefully more people will see this and get interested :h: . We are already half way there :yep:
Reply 32
I quoted a load of people in the other thread, as you know :colone: . I'll give it till the start of next week and start getting more... liminal :colone:

Posting on this thread, though, bumps this up on the recent discussions, so hopefully more people will see this and get interested :h: . We are already half way there :yep:

Wars were always good for me. They nearly always doubled my daily loot (all my mines are maxed except dark elixir) if the rest of the clan would go for stars rather than unrealistic targets given their troops.

Going to upgrade BArch now, to see if they work better than my giants and wizards combination. Is the P.E.K.K.A worth while? Costs a lot I know, but its gold I'm after more than Elixir right now.
Reply 33
I may or may not join, as it would mean leaving my current clan :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The other way to protect your loot is to not have any loot :colone: . Just went from 6 million gold to 0 gold with the purchase of 2 x-bows :tongue:

I was completely unaware that the attack matching is now 750 gold :tongue: . How much is it at TH10? :tongue:

Also, the queen's pretty weak at lvl 1, when does she start to become worth it? :tongue:

Yeah, going from full storages to no loot us both satisfying and scary at the same time.
At TH10 it becomes 1000 gold.
Well, I'd say a big jump is at level 5 cos thats when you get her ability. But other than that, she gets a little better each time (upgrades are better cos she keep 2 hit certain buildings when she'd have needed 3 hits at the previous level).

Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Level 7 walls shouldn't take too long if you are spending a decent amount of time per day farming. It actually gets a bit easier after level 7 cos you can spend elixr on them too.
Original post by dhr90
Wars were always good for me. They nearly always doubled my daily loot (all my mines are maxed except dark elixir) if the rest of the clan would go for stars rather than unrealistic targets given their troops.

Going to upgrade BArch now, to see if they work better than my giants and wizards combination. Is the P.E.K.K.A worth while? Costs a lot I know, but its gold I'm after more than Elixir right now.

P.E.K.K.A is good, but you'd probably only use her in clan wars and if your a TH7 (didn't check what TH you are at), you are probably better off using mass dragons.
Reply 36
Original post by Squirb
I may or may not join, as it would mean leaving my current clan :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're here should you decide to defect :colone:
Reply 37
We're here should you decide to defect :colone:

I'll join once you're active enough for war etc. I like the high level troop donations at my current clan too b:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Squirb
I'll join once you're active enough for war etc. I like the high level troop donations at my current clan too b:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's one of the sucky things about the game is the 10vs10 minimum. Makes getting clans like these off the ground difficult since there might be many members like you, waiting for the clan to reach 10 :lol:

I'll be back for you when we are though :colone: . I'm not giving up yet! :awesome: . As well as general chit-chat bumping this thread up for visibility, I'll see what funky mod things I can do... :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by dhr90

How's your resource-hoarding going? :colone:

Latest