The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Or even if you have two in succession

With an AD in between, it would be quite effective, because it'd be a double blow out with ad still firing

Although dragon attacks at Th9 aren't a thing, so it'll be balloonian that'd be affected

I probably would have used dragons at Th9 :colondollar:

That is a good idea for defence. If the sweepers can stop air troops from getting to the AD, they are almost impossible to destroy from that direction, severely limiting air attacks.
Original post by dhr90
I probably would have used dragons at Th9 :colondollar:

That is a good idea for defence. If the sweepers can stop air troops from getting to the AD, they are almost impossible to destroy from that direction, severely limiting air attacks.

I wouldn't bother, level 7 AD will wreck you

Early-mid TH8, is where dragons can still be used. After that, wouldn't bother

Yeah, but if they both face the same way, you could attack from other side, which is where I'd have an AD covered by some storages
Original post by Nirgilis
@dhr90 @Zerforax @L'Evil Fish

I would like to draw your attention to the following Sneak Peek Update Thread on the Supercell forums.

Day 1 sneak peeks: It's announced level 5 dragons at TH10, pushing level 4 dragons downwards to TH9 (prices etc. tbc). TH9 will get a second air sweeper, with speculation revolving around this destroying air-based attacks.

Considering my lab frees in 16 hours, is it worth pushing balloons to 6 still? Or do you guys think it would be 'safer' to push PEKKA to 3 given that there are still 4 possible days of sneak peeks to come to guarantee more 2 stars against outmatched opponents? Or should I wait for the update, push my archers up to 6 in the mean time, and then reconsider war armies once we know what damage has been done by the update in full?

Yea just saw that. Unless dragon level 5 has a dramatic increase (instead of the +20 it seems to get at every level) then I'm not that excited. Dragons are great until mid-TH8 and then their use drops off dramatically. Personally I'd still do balloons to level 6 but then I use them a lot..

The 2nd air sweeper will be painful. Wouldn't be surprised if they get nerfed after a month or two. Being able to push away air in 2 directions (effectively half of a circle) is huge.

Original post by dhr90
Interesting. I wonder if lv4 dragons would be good in war. It'd be a very premature TH upgrade to get them, but if it works in wars it may be worth it?

Do you, or would you use balloons much? If so it may be worth it. Always upgrade what you use most first in my opinion. I wouldn't change an upgrade based on a potential update which hasn't been revealed yet. But thats just me.

Nah level 4 dragons currently are pretty tame. Not enough of an increase from level 4. Compare that with Balloons which get a 50% increase from lv 4 to lv 5 and then another 50% from lv 5 to 6.

Original post by dhr90
I hadn't even thought of that. My dragon attacks may soon be a thing of the past. Depends what level TH the second sweeper is granted.

I think it's rumoured to be at TH9. Basically trying to nerf lavaloon.
Reply 583
Original post by Zerforax
Yea just saw that. Unless dragon level 5 has a dramatic increase (instead of the +20 it seems to get at every level) then I'm not that excited. Dragons are great until mid-TH8 and then their use drops off dramatically. Personally I'd still do balloons to level 6 but then I use them a lot..

The 2nd air sweeper will be painful. Wouldn't be surprised if they get nerfed after a month or two. Being able to push away air in 2 directions (effectively half of a circle) is huge.

Nah level 4 dragons currently are pretty tame. Not enough of an increase from level 4. Compare that with Balloons which get a 50% increase from lv 4 to lv 5 and then another 50% from lv 5 to 6.

I think it's rumoured to be at TH9. Basically trying to nerf lavaloon.

Interesting. Pondering whether to upgrade archers, bolt, baloons, wall breakers, minions or hogs next.

Once I have lv6 wizard towers, what is best to upgrade next? AD to lv6? Archer towers to 9 or 10? Mortars have splash damage, but do so little damage I've always left them until last.
Original post by dhr90
Interesting. Pondering whether to upgrade archers, bolt, baloons, wall breakers, minions or hogs next.

Once I have lv6 wizard towers, what is best to upgrade next? AD to lv6? Archer towers to 9 or 10? Mortars have splash damage, but do so little damage I've always left them until last.

In part it depends on how people raid you most often? So if you're getting hit by air raids a lot, go for air def. If people barcher you a lot, I'd do mortars.

Which troops are you most likely to use for raiding/for war? I always go for eeni-meeni-minni-mo :colondollar:
Reply 585
In part it depends on how people raid you most often? So if you're getting hit by air raids a lot, go for air def. If people barcher you a lot, I'd do mortars.

Which troops are you most likely to use for raiding/for war? I always go for eeni-meeni-minni-mo :colondollar:

The big raids which suck my storages dry, tend to be mainly ground troops but with some balloons thrown in on occasion. Usually seems to be mid-high Th9's that do that to me. Mortars are cheaper which appeals to me!

Wars I will pick depending on what the opposition is like. I can't really touch the top 5 in this line up, but from there down, dragons seem like a possibility. Otherwise its just hold my finger on barbs/archers and see how many will be made, with a few giants and wall breakers thrown in. Tend not use balloons anymore as they just die so fast. Used to use a lot of healers, giants and wizards, but that isn't as effective now.
Lot of talk that another new feature will be a dark elixir spell factory. No idea what it would do though.
Reply 587
Lot of talk that another new feature will be a dark elixir spell factory. No idea what it would do though.

Are these just rumours or ideas from users, or from the developers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.allclash.com/dark-spell-factory-spotted/
Reply 589
Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Certain members of the Clash of Clans community get early access to the updates to test them out and hype them on YouTube and the like.

Eagle-eyed fans have been scrutinising every inch of these beta-test videos to spot further hints as to what will be released in the update. As Zerforax pointed out, a spell factory-like building was spotted, sparking rumours of a Dark Spell Factory.

There's a LOT of speculation about what the spella could do - some sound cool, the others sound incredibly over-powered. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt for the moment :smile:
With a 2nd air sweeper, I thought I'd check how much to max one out. Cost like 17mil gold!! Didn't realise they were so expensive. Probably shouldn't neglect them now..

Ugh one last x-bow upgrade left but cba to keep raiding :colondollar:
Reply 591
Certain members of the Clash of Clans community get early access to the updates to test them out and hype them on YouTube and the like.

Eagle-eyed fans have been scrutinising every inch of these beta-test videos to spot further hints as to what will be released in the update. As Zerforax pointed out, a spell factory-like building was spotted, sparking rumours of a Dark Spell Factory.

There's a LOT of speculation about what the spella could do - some sound cool, the others sound incredibly over-powered. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt for the moment :smile:

What does the speculation say they can do?
Reply 592
Decided to upgrade archer to 6 (10 days) instead of PEKKA or Balloons. Will wait to see if any new troops and hence attack strategies become available in this update amd decide my next upgrade from there :smile:

Original post by dhr90
What does the speculation say they can do?

Can't remember the answer and the moderators have deleted the post.

But from what I remember, they were all re-hashes of elixir spells. So there was a lightning-freeze spell, a wallbreaker-jump spell, a rage spell and a couple of defensive spells :tongue:

If I come across them again, Ill link you :smile:
Reply 593
Decided to upgrade archer to 6 (10 days) instead of PEKKA or Balloons. Will wait to see if any new troops and hence attack strategies become available in this update amd decide my next upgrade from there :smile:

Can't remember the answer and the moderators have deleted the post.

But from what I remember, they were all re-hashes of elixir spells. So there was a lightning-freeze spell, a wallbreaker-jump spell, a rage spell and a couple of defensive spells :tongue:

Hopefully it won't be too overpowered.

I think I'll upgrade archers next. As for defences, I'm trying to get all pink walls, but doing that is stopping any saving for other defences. I'm at the point where I basically need to start raiding I think, but I just don't have the time or energy to put into it.

Defensive spells? What would they do? Protect and shield your resources from the next attack?
I think we get another sneak peek in about 2.5 hours.
I think a shield spell might be something like takes no damage for a certain time as opposed to being healed

Because you can't heal a one shot kill

Also tesla towers are meant to shield against lightning now? And apparently they won't be hidden? Just something I heard, not certain again
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/712945-Sneaky-Sneak-Peeks

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/718398-From-the-Dev-s-Desk-Legend-League-Tournaments

New Titan League above Champions League. No mention of league bonus yet. Presume Champions League will split into three tiers too?

New Legend League at 5,000 trophies. Long winded explanation about the new tournament but effectively it will group the top players to 5,000 trophies every month as there is a reset and any excess trophies collected will be stored as league legend trophy achievement.

Won't affect the vast majority of players but a good way to keep the top players interested and continue to spend more and more money on gems.
Reply 598
Grrrr! Halfway through a raid and my phone crashed. Think it got too hot while charging. Thankfully I got the 110k of gold. Barely touched the elixir though, but it was just a BArch attack so not an expensive one thankfully.
When is the new update coming?

Latest