The Student Room Group

Tricky Situation

Hello again! So here I am with problem #241 looool, almost there though.

I used up my five choices, and of course its been way over a week since I've sent off my application so I cant change anything.

Basically I've heard back from 4 still waiting on the 1 (Bournemouth).

Truth be told my heart is set on Westminster after doing further research, this was after I sent my application off (had to do it before the deadline, didnt get to check out all options to the fullest) so I've got an offer from Anglia Ruskin which is decent but I do want to be based in London.

Is it possible to reject an offer, use UCAS extra to apply for Westminster, AND THEN if Westminster say no - come grovvling back to the previously rejected Uni in order to take the place that was originally offered. And what are the chance of getting in Westminster via Extra, I've heard theyre one of the easier Uni's too get into...touch wood.

Thanks in advance
Jack
Reply 1
Original post by jackbuddyolboy

I used up my five choices, and of course its been way over a week since I've sent off my application so I cant change anything.

Truth be told my heart is set on Westminster after doing further research, this was after I sent my application off (had to do it before the deadline, didnt get to check out all options to the fullest) so I've got an offer from Anglia Ruskin which is decent but I do want to be based in London.

Is it possible to reject an offer, use UCAS extra to apply for Westminster, AND THEN if Westminster say no - come grovvling back to the previously rejected Uni in order to take the place that was originally offered. And what are the chance of getting in Westminster via Extra, I've heard theyre one of the easier Uni's too get into...touch wood.

Thanks in advance
Jack

You can reject all of your offers and apply to Westminster but unfortunately you can't go grovelling back to your original universities if they say no. Once you decline your universities then that's it. I applied to Westminster and got an offer within 2 days of sending off my application for business management but declined them and I have currently applied through extra. This is the second choice I've applied through extra. The first said yes but I changed my mind and realised I wanted to be in London so I applied for a second choice. You're not the only one with problems haha. I suggest calling up westminster to see if they will consider you first for your chosen course before declining your offers. If they say they will consider you then I suggest withdrawing your application from Bournemouth because the earlier you apply the better the chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackbuddyolboy

Thanks in advance
Jack

If you apply to Westminster via Extra and get declined then there's no rule that would stop you reapplying to one of your previous choices via Extra as your next choice.

Before you apply anywhere through Extra you should get in touch with them to find out if they do have vacancies and if they're likely to make you an offer (otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time).

If you phone Westminster (take names and job titles of the people you speak to) and they sound positive then I would suggest contacting ARU and explaining your situation. If you say that your circumstances have changed making it better to live in London (but that there is only one potential choice in London that you want to apply for) but that if that choice falls through you would hope to apply back to ARU then you can find out *before* you lose your ARU place whether they'd be open to you applying back.

If they say that they aren't willing to reconsider you if Westminster don't make an offer then you know that trying with Westminster is likely to mean losing your place at ARU completely (but you should have spoken to Westminster so you'll know how good your chances are of getting a place).
Just talk to Westminster, if you meet the requirements, it should be fine.

However if they reject you for some reason, I have no idea if you could get any of the past offers back.

I'm kind of in a similar situation, applied to a top 10 uni, but if they reject me, it would be great to get back one of my UoL offers, although I'm not sure how unis feel about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending