The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies 2015 Buss 1/2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoxieRofl
For my school, not everyone gets high grades because they get too lazy so easily. But some of the teachers are actually great, but some waste so much time on something else.My friends have this problem with English Literature teachers.

Ah, right. Just curious because at my school everyone is expected to get an A and if they don't its dissapoinitng. Wasn't sure if it was the subject or the standard of teaching in the business studies department. This wasn't like bragging or anything like that., just our business studies teachers really committed.

Most people have done business studies at GCSE her though so maybe thats the difference?
Original post by swinglow2003
Ah, right. Just curious because at my school everyone is expected to get an A and if they don't its dissapoinitng. Wasn't sure if it was the subject or the standard of teaching in the business studies department. This wasn't like bragging or anything like that., just our business studies teachers really committed.

Most people have done business studies at GCSE her though so maybe thats the difference?

Ahh okay. Good question though. :smile: Yup that's why, they kinda have a head start than me because I didn't do at GCSE. Are you taking
the exam?
Original post by geeee11
Mine was so bad because I had a crap teacher, then I had a good teacher who taught us really good exam technique which I only started to use through BUSS3 and 4 (I got a B and then an A so my AS let me down which is why I'm retaking)

She taught us the template of:
- Defining the key term in the question (2 marks for knowledge)
- Making a point with reference to the case study for application marks
- And then building a chain of argument like ' A benefit of this is that....therefore... this leads to... consequently this means.....' etc. You can also do calculations if they are relevant :smile:

Then for evaluation you just need to look at the case study and make sure you have made reference to the business objective (there should be one stated in the study) and weigh up the decision e.g.
- Effect on the business.....
- Most significant factor......
- Whether they achieve their target or not depends on......

Using a template will make sure that you use this technique for each answer and the answers will just instantly come to mind :smile: The evaluation section is only needed for the 15 markers though.

Haha yeah I used the whiteboard technique for psychology too and I swear by it! It can be time consuming but it's the only way to get knowledge to stay in my head!

What is the whiteboard technique?
Reply 43
Thank you so much! You're a life saver :smile: I'll just practise endlessly and see how it goes. I know it's not hard, it's just that I didn't practise enough for me to get it up to top notch. Thanks everyone as well and good luck!

No problem! :smile:
Have you finished revising the content?
I have a feeling AQA is going to make the BUSS1 papers hard as last year it was easier and most people got A/B :/
Ah well, we will all just have to revise our hardest
I usually look at the Case Study to find out any obvious benefits that are in there. The case study might have a sentence like
Reply 46
Just remember to read the case study 2/3 times before you start answering questions. Highlight anything that mentions key terms, finance, facts, and opinions. If anything pops into your head when you're highlighting, just write it down next to that text. It'll help when it comes to structuring your essays, and will make sure you don't forget to include it!

Good luck all :smile:
Reply 47
Really hoping for a big question on break even with a graph, easy marks.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to try and get close to maximum marks on section A and then you can afford to drop quite a few marks on section B and still get an A.

Let's hope for easy definitions and calculations. :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by Deanio
Really hoping for a big question on break even with a graph, easy marks.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to try and get close to maximum marks on section A and then you can afford to drop quite a few marks on section B and still get an A.

Let's hope for easy definitions and calculations. :biggrin:

Me too but didn't break even come up last year?! :frown:

Yeah section A is 20 marks (I think) and section B is 40 so if section A is kind to us I'm hoping to pick up easy marks with the definitions/calculations

Hoping for calculations on market size/share/growth
It would be great if someone could put in a model answer so i could get the technique! buss1 in a few days!
How many points for and against do you put for your 15 mark questions?
are there any predictions for what is likely to appear?

this is my retake and done no revision looool
Reply 52
Original post by alex_maca
My teacher said since its the last year of the syllabus it MAY be easier, she said there could be location questions which are the easiest. Location and finance questions and it will be ok

what could be asked in a location question
How should I evaluate? Do I make points both for and against something, then conclude, then do the 'it depends upon' paragraph? Or do I only make points that support my conclusion?
I think it will be second part of the year we studied, as last year it was the first part of the book
Original post by Viableplayground
How many points for and against do you put for your 15 mark questions?

Our school had a revision session with an examiner and she said you only need one point for and against as long as they are well analysed! She also said there's a killer calculation to work out in each question (buss2) which will get you good application and help with analysis
Original post by geeee11
No problem! :smile:
Have you finished revising the content?

:smile: I did this structure and my teacher marked it 15/15! Thaaannkkkkkkk yyyyyoooouuuuuuuuuu! 😇😇😇👌🏽. :smile: And I haven't :O

Thank you everyone for your help! Good luck with all of your exams!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Revel
Just remember to read the case study 2/3 times before you start answering questions. Highlight anything that mentions key terms, finance, facts, and opinions. If anything pops into your head when you're highlighting, just write it down next to that text. It'll help when it comes to structuring your essays, and will make sure you don't forget to include it!

Good luck all :smile:

Thank you! :smile: I'll bare that in mind :biggrin:
Reply 58
:smile: I did this structure and my teacher marked it 15/15! Thaaannkkkkkkk yyyyyoooouuuuuuuuuu! 😇😇😇👌🏽. :smile: And I haven't :O

Thank you everyone for your help! Good luck with all of your exams!

Wow that's great haha well done!! I couldn't even score that!

Good luck for the real thing I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:
Original post by geeee11
Wow that's great haha well done!! I couldn't even score that!

Good luck for the real thing I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:

Haha thank you :smile: Hopefully, I smash it. :smile: time to finish these topics :biggrin:

I'm sure you'll smash it as well! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending