The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMadHatteress
Tbh Maths is the subject I'm most at peace with currently. All other subjects are driving me crazy.
I do C1, C2, M1 and S1.
S1- hardest
M1- easiest
To me currently anyway

S1 can't be that bad can it? I'd say Probability and Discrete are probably the hardest out of the module.
Original post by fluzzles98
I am completely with you on that one haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do M1? And C12's sort of in the middle because I make a **** load of silly mistakes ugh
Original post by High Stakes
S1 can't be that bad can it? I'd say Probability and Discrete are probably the hardest out of the module.

It's okay sometimes. The theory part where you have to derive a logical answer is where I get stuck mostly
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Do you do M1? And C12's sort of in the middle because I make a **** load of silly mistakes ugh

I meant I agree with maths being easiest, sorry it was an awful way of putting it :tongue:
Nope I don't do M1! And yeah me too, that's where I always fall down, just with silly mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah working with patients is a big motivation for most people who go into Dentistry or Medicine. Have you started thinking which Unis you want to do Dentistry at? :tongue:

Kingsssssss<3 doing this 3 day taster course thing there starting tmoro :smile: wbu?
most dental applicants dont really get a choice, ur lucky if u even get one dentistry offer so i'd be ok with whatever lol
Reply 45
Original post by potatomaker
I'm doing c1 c2 m1 s1 d1 and fp1, all of it is easy except for fp1 and bits of s1, d1 is just a retard fest

What in particular about fp1 are you finding it hard?
I'm doing C1, C2 and S1. Apart from making careless mistakes, I find most topics easy; the hardest is the word-y normal distribution questions, but I haven't practised many of them. This could be because I have gone over maths everyday since the beginning of September.
Ohh, I do biology too so yeah I agree with you on that xD which exam board are you?
I have been predicted AAAB, with a B in Chemistry. Ideally I'd like AAAA but tbh even a B is optimistic for chemistry haha :P wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing OCR :tongue: I'm sure you'll do well! :smile: Chemistry is horrendous tho! Did you finish the coursework for it?
What other subjects are you doing in conjunction with maths?

Bio, Chem and Physics :smile:
I'm doing OCR :tongue: I'm sure you'll do well! :smile: Chemistry is horrendous tho! Did you finish the coursework for it?

Ah right, I'm sure you will too!
Oh my, I know! You do chemistry as well? Chemistry is the bane of my life -.- we haven't even started coursework yet! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmin#2
Kingsssssss<3 doing this 3 day taster course thing there starting tmoro :smile: wbu?
most dental applicants dont really get a choice, ur lucky if u even get one dentistry offer so i'd be ok with whatever lol

I have a few in mind like LSE, UCL and Kings too tho I haven't been booking those open and taster days yet. There's a particular set of universities which investment banks hire from (e.g. LSE & Warwick) so I have to try and get into one of those. :biggrin:

What does the taster day involve?

OCR B??
Original post by GrandMasti
Bio, Chem and Physics :smile:

3 Sciences & Maths (which is a science too).

You have my sympathy! Lmao.
Original post by potatomaker
Its got nothing to do with the fact that he finds c2 easy relative to c1, it's the sknple fact that he finds c1 hard, I mean seriously he should look at fp1 (which isn't even actually that bad anyway)

alright mate, people's brains don't all work the same
he can find C1 difficult if he wants, it's just that he might be a standard deviation away from the mean in doing so
even so, no need for name-calling xoxo
3 Sciences & Maths (which is a science too).

You have my sympathy! Lmao.

Haha yeah, it's not pretty XD
Ah right, I'm sure you will too!
Oh my, I know! You do chemistry as well? Chemistry is the bane of my life -.- we haven't even started coursework yet! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it for a while and then dropped it. It wasn't really something I enjoyed so I preferred to stick to the subjects which I could tolerate most lol. Hoping to do well in them. How the hell have you guys not done the coursework yet tho? That's going to be killer when you have to all do it in a small time period.
I did it for a while and then dropped it. It wasn't really something I enjoyed so I preferred to stick to the subjects which I could tolerate most lol. Hoping to do well in them. How the hell have you guys not done the coursework yet tho? That's going to be killer when you have to all do it in a small time period.

Ohh right.. I wish I had dropped it or did something more enjoyable but, I decided to stick it out -.-
We do it in a couple weeks I think; then we have a weeks prep ready for the exam part of the coursework on May 8th :x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
I have a few in mind like LSE, UCL and Kings too tho I haven't been booking those open and taster days yet. There's a particular set of universities which investment banks hire from (e.g. LSE & Warwick) so I have to try and get into one of those. :biggrin:

What does the taster day involve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning on exactly the same! What other subjects do you do? & what do you think you'll get?:yes:

YES OCR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY SQUAD
I'm failing Biology practicals atm 24/30, got qualitative and evaluative this month on biodiversity and that at a nature reserve
got 39/40 in my chem and I've got a retake evaluative on enthalpy changes so it's fine I can potentially get 40
Original post by 260498
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning on exactly the same! What other subjects do you do? & what do you think you'll get?:yes:

As in you're looking to get into IB too? :tongue:

And I do Mathematics, Biology & Economics (but I plan on taking up further maths in my second year). I'm hoping to get A's all across

Quick Reply

Latest