The Student Room Group

Is it possible to take a combination of A levels Edexcel and CIE A levels?

Can I take a combination of Edecel IAL and CIE? I am already doing Edexcel IAL Maths and Further Maths but I don't want to take Edexcel Physics, I would much prefer to take CIE Physics. Is that possible? Is there any disadvantages like during my University admissions? And does anyone actually do that? And i finished my O levels from Edexcel. But Physics is much much more harder for Edexcel than it is for CIE so is it possible? Thanks
yes, it's possible.
Reply 2
So everything will be fine? Does anyone actually do that?
Yes its fine im doing CIE physics and Edexcel maths/furthermaths, I faced no problems when applying.
Reply 4
So you are already in uni? And how did u find CIE compared to Edexcel?
Original post by Nasif206
So you are already in uni? And how did u find CIE compared to Edexcel?

nope i'm in y13. I dont know anything about edexcel physics but CIE maths is harder than edexcel. CIE physics has very few resources online compared to edexcel, put if you're studying with a tutor or at school it should be fine. I also think CIE physics has less exams than edexcel as i heard that they have exam modules such a 'physics at work' etc.., whilst CIE has only 5 papers in total 3 in AS (practical, MCQ and structured answers) and 2 in A2(planning investigations and structured answers). No one is gonna ask you which exam board you did, just follow what your school does or if youre private candidate than research which one is best, shouldn't be much of a difference in the syllabus.
Reply 6
Yeah i am a private candidate. And i have home tutor so i think i will be fine taking CIE Physics. I just needed to make sure that whether i will face any problem in the future or not. Thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by Nasif206
Yeah i am a private candidate. And i have home tutor so i think i will be fine taking CIE Physics. I just needed to make sure that whether i will face any problem in the future or not. Thanks.

Was it possible? Did it affect your admission?

Quick Reply

Latest