The Student Room Group

Need help choosing a board to retake AL Maths

Helloo can someone please give me some advice. Is Edexcel A Level Maths harder than CAIE A Level Maths? As I'm planning to give the CAIE Maths exams in October and want to start preparing right away, but if this is harder than Edexcel then I might wait a year and give the Edexcel retake in June 2024. So I would basically like to know which exam board is harder.

Sorry for the waffle!
Original post by thepersonwhoate
Helloo can someone please give me some advice. Is Edexcel A Level Maths harder than CAIE A Level Maths? As I'm planning to give the CAIE Maths exams in October and want to start preparing right away, but if this is harder than Edexcel then I might wait a year and give the Edexcel retake in June 2024. So I would basically like to know which exam board is harder.

Sorry for the waffle!

As far as I know, CAIE is more difficult than EdExcel. Having said that, I don't particularly like EdExcel for maths (as a disclaimer).

I think the fairer approach to this is to do past papers from both boards. If you can get a higher score with EdExcel, then it's easier for you than CAIE. If not, then no. I would do several of these of these sample papers to give yourself a fair opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest