The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature (AS 15th May 2015 Exam Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boundless_x
It depends on what you studied :wink:

What do you mean?
Original post by wonderland16
Does anyone have any predictions on what might come up for Yeats' poetry?

http://aterriblebeautyisborn.com predicts easter 1916, among school children, september 1913 or leda and the swan
Original post by studdybuddy101
What Emily Dickinson poems aren't going to come up?

Well the ones that have previously come up are:

A bird came down the walk
The last night she lived
One not need a chamber
I did not stop for death

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3313803
Any one got any predictions on the Jane eyre question?? My teacher said he thinks something on St John Vs Rochester?
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Could i have the notes too please :biggrin:

Yeah sure, I'll send them now:smile:

Teacher reckons easter 1916, but ive heard a lot of people say among school children.

They might throw a curveball like they did last year though
what are some questions for i felt a funeral in my brain by emily dickinson
Original post by amykate06
For the gothic theme, we've looked at The Red Room (gothic descriptions/features), Thornfield (description of the setting), Rochester (secrecy/hiding his identity, mysterious) and Bertha's outburst on her brother. We've done quite a bit on the gothic theme so if you want me to send you my notes I can do :smile: good luck!

Sorry to be a bother but could you send me these notes aswell? We haven't looked at the gothic theme in lessons.
Also all the best for tomorrow!
Reply 589
Original post by cathrinobrown
Any one got any predictions on the Jane eyre question?? My teacher said he thinks something on St John Vs Rochester?

yeah, my teacher said that. Definitely st john is a strong contender, but what themes relating to his character?

religion? fire and ice? love and duty? reasonvs feeling?

?????? ;-;
Original post by cathrinobrown
Sorry to be a bother but could you send me these notes aswell? We haven't looked at the gothic theme in lessons.
Also all the best for tomorrow!

Yeah no problem! You too:smile:
really worried about the poetry section...I have a really bad feeling that As the team's headers, words, aspens or old man is going to decide to make an appearance that would genuinely be my worst nightmare :eek:
I'd take one for the team and decide to die ahahahaha :ahee:
Reply 592
Can someone give me a me a rough essay structure for poetry and the other essay
Original post by Annie_K
yeah, my teacher said that. Definitely st john is a strong contender, but what themes relating to his character?

religion? fire and ice? love and duty? reasonvs feeling?

?????? ;-;

Yeah I'm thinking (hoping) St John or maybe Bertha has a good chance of coming up. I doubt it will be a religion question though. Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
I'm doing Yeats poems and Frankenstein. does anyone have some last minute revision tips. and how to address questions. Assume i no nothing about frankenstein and the yeats poems. Feel free to hyperlink websites that may help
Original post by katinthehat
Hey,

I'm doing the same exam board but I'm studying Dorian Gray and Edward Thomas, so if I have any topic buddies quote me in! :wink:

do you have any edward thomas ideas for questions?:smile:
Original post by ishn_
hi, sorry to be a pain, but if i got 39/40 then what do I need in the exam for an A? I've tried to work it out myself but im not sure as to how UMS calculations work :/

I know this one cause I too got 39/40 in my AS coursework!

You'd need 46/60 in the exam
just to clarify, is it possible to retake this exam next summer?
Original post by thedeansings
I'm doing frankenstein. I hope the question can be taken into one of the traditional themes (e.g. Overreaching knowledge, Women or Nature)

i am doing both!
Original post by izzyozzy123
just to clarify, is it possible to retake this exam next summer?

According to the OCR website, you can! But I guess it'd depend on your school too. If they refuse to enter you for the exam, you could pay to take it at another centre :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending