The Student Room Group

As level aqa spanish 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by onlythewall
Wow tell me more about it! What was it like? Also was the tourism one about the dangers of tourism or the benefits or both or something completely different about tourism? Thanks!

It went OK, I was glad it was over when the 15 minutes were up. My chosen topic was relationships in the family, then my teacher chose music and sports for me to talk about. I decided to do my card on television, but when I scanned the tourism card I think it was about tourism in Spain. I would think that the cars would include benefits and negatives. The television one had questions such as - would you like to be on a reality show and do you think these shows show a positive image of the contestants. I can't remember the 2 other questions, I lied my way through them though!!! Hahaha. When's your exam?
My exam is TOMORROW 0.0
Original post by SalPKhan
My other one was about friendships, so both of my cards were about family/relationships but I thought I would get cards on 2 different topics

Hey, I hope your exam went well! I have mine tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knew what the questions are on either the deporte tarjeta or the las amistades tarjeta? I wish everyone good luck!! :smile:
Original post by charlottecornall
Hey, I hope your exam went well! I have mine tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knew what the questions are on either the deporte tarjeta or the las amistades tarjeta? I wish everyone good luck!! :smile:

Good luck! :tongue:
Original post by Devilfinger101
The sports card is extreme sports, difficult one to speak about in my opinion as I had to do it as the other stimulus card was the same topic as my nominated topic

Hey that shouldn't have happened :/ you're many to get targetas with no overlap

what were the questions on the extreme sports card?

Unfortunately that is the examiner that has messed that up. Although some provisions can be made for this, regular rules will apply, as did for me with my GCSE. Unfortunately the whole year group were docked marks as a result of the examiner's incompetence. Hope the same doesn't happen to you guys :redface:
Original post by gabby07
Unfortunately that is the examiner that has messed that up. Although some provisions can be made for this, regular rules will apply, as did for me with my GCSE. Unfortunately the whole year group were docked marks as a result of the examiner's incompetence. Hope the same doesn't happen to you guys :redface:

That's awful :/ what's happening now then? Good luck for the test of your subjects though

I know:frown: couldn't really do too much about it so just had to get on with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have access to any past papers for listening,reading,writing before 2012? The website deletes everything after three years for copyright reasons and I've done all of them now😩😭
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips on revising for Spanish writing? Help me! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilita.nxn
Does anyone have any tips on revising for Spanish writing? Help me! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say sophisticated sentence starters and connectives, as well as subjunctive phrases learnt before hand before they just scream marks! Then key vocab on the topics so you are not limited to what you can say!
Original post by Sanchiacook
I would say sophisticated sentence starters and connectives, as well as subjunctive phrases learnt before hand before they just scream marks! Then key vocab on the topics so you are not limited to what you can say!

This is a really good tip, thank you! I'm getting so nervous now, about the writing mostly.

Look on myspanishexam.com for free resources from all topics of the exam, it's really helping me with my essays and key vocab. You can also pay £2 for native Spanish speakers to check essays for you😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow i spent ages trying to find a thread for this exam

how is everyone revising?
im worried because i've done very little and i don't know what to revise?
so far i've gone over some tenses and my vocabs quite good and im gonna do past papers. I'm most worried about the essay but idk how to revise for that? also how are you revising for listening/reading and question 9

sorry thts a lot of questions but yeah!
hey guys new here
know any threads for the GCSE
Original post by timelizard
wow i spent ages trying to find a thread for this exam

how is everyone revising?
im worried because i've done very little and i don't know what to revise?
so far i've gone over some tenses and my vocabs quite good and im gonna do past papers. I'm most worried about the essay but idk how to revise for that? also how are you revising for listening/reading and question 9

sorry thts a lot of questions but yeah!

Past papers are the best tools sin duda. Also learn tenses and topic specific vocab for the essay. There's nothing else I know tbh have you done the speaking exam, if so did you do get the sports card?
Past papers are the best tools sin duda. Also learn tenses and topic specific vocab for the essay. There's nothing else I know tbh have you done the speaking exam, if so did you do get the sports card?

Hi all. I think we need to start getting into Spanish mode here - as they say there's nothing better than good old practice! Can we start a word of the day thread for the leading up to the
Spanish Listening-Reading-Writing exam. I think that would benefit us, since quite often obscure vocab pops up on the paper. Base them upon any of the topics and subtopics we're revising for. If we each do this, we could build up a vocab base for our essays and the content aimed for the very highest ability candidates in the listening sections.

I'm happy to start this off. If you could embolden your word of the day/put it in red writing as I have done, we can then distinguish it from the rest of the posts! Hopefully we can kick start some inspired Spanish language. Good Luck!

WORD OF THE DAY

el buceo - diving
(this one comes up a lot)

What we could also do is write a sentence each, each day and people can critic the sentence and try and make it in to a mega juicy examiner's treat. I'll start this going as well:

Dudo que los deportes vayan a mejorar nuestra salud, pero hay quienes que piensan que es importante haciéndolos.
(edited 8 years ago)
I found this bank of old exam papers - some are missing or dont have mp3s but good practice if youve finished all the ones on the AQA website
link
http://studentbounty.com/pastpapers/?dir=Assessment+and+Qualifications+Alliance+%28AQA%29%2FA+Levels%2FSpanish

and some practice reading questions (under practice papers)

link
One thing I did for the oral exam which will be useful for the essay is I made a content notebook, which basically has some good arguments for each topic with examples. A lot of my content was from the AQA textbook (which is a joke tbh) and the internet

I also did a past paper and looked over old essays - which were shockingly bad but atleast I know why (basic GCSE mistakes) and tbh it was a bit of a confidence boost

adding to this sentence thing (apostrophes mean accents - im lazy ok):
La educacio'n fi'sica deberi'a ser obligatoria en los colegios y las escuelas por que es una manera de ensen'ar habiladades sociales. Es necesario que los ninos sepan como trabajar en un equipo y experimentar ambas la sensacio'n de triunfa y fracaso

Original post by timelizard
One thing I did for the oral exam which will be useful for the essay is I made a content notebook, which basically has some good arguments for each topic with examples. A lot of my content was from the AQA textbook (which is a joke tbh) and the internet

I also did a past paper and looked over old essays - which were shockingly bad but atleast I know why (basic GCSE mistakes) and tbh it was a bit of a confidence boost

adding to this sentence thing (apostrophes mean accents - im lazy ok):
La educacio'n fi'sica deberi'a ser obligatoria en los colegios y las escuelas por que es una manera de ensen'ar habiladades sociales. Es necesario que los ninos sepan como trabajar en un equipo y experimentar ambas la sensacio'n de triunfa y fracaso

Great! Can I ask... are there answers by any chance to the questions in that practice paper zip folder?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending