The Student Room Group

Help my face is asymmetrical

Had my ID photo done and my face looks more asymmetrical than in mirror :frown:( nose looks crooked and cheeks look literally completely different. Why ???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chestbrahh
Had my ID photo done and my face looks more asymmetrical than in mirror :frown:( nose looks crooked and cheeks look literally completely different. Why ???

genetics?

pics or it isn't real x
everyone looks different in photos and in the mirror its just a normal thing of how a photo is a constructed image
i wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bad_username
genetics?

pics or it isn't real x

Not posting a pic. Not like deformed level of asymmetry just my cheekbones look different, nose slightly crooked and that's it really. Look pretty good in mirror apart from nose
Reply 4
Original post by omgitsmariana
everyone looks different in photos and in the mirror its just a normal thing of how a photo is a constructed image
i wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Mirror looks good for me, apart from side
Profile as nose is crooked (will probably fix in future). Some pics tho :frown:
Mirror looks good for me, apart from side
Profile as nose is crooked (will probably fix in future). Some pics tho :frown:

could just be the angle and/or lighting :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by omgitsmariana
could just be the angle and/or lighting :redface:

Was a photobooth for ID pics. Only real facial fault is nose tbh too large for face and crooked FFS pisses me off a lot and is worst fault you can have
Reply 7
#soiseveryone
Reply 8
Original post by nicatre
#soiseveryone

Yeah but do you look a lot more symmetrical in mirror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquQLGE3EWk
Yeah but do you look a lot more symmetrical in mirror?

No but neither do you.

Either: you're more sensitive to your reflection or the mirror has imperfections and is bumpy which accents asymmetries. Nothing you can ****ing do either way so who cares?!
Get some implants like Zyzz did.
That's normal, no one's face is 100% symmetrical.
Reply 13
That's totally normal, and most people's ID's aren't very flattering
Mine is repulsive and doesn't even look like me
Reply 14
Original post by nicatre
No but neither do you.

Either: you're more sensitive to your reflection or the mirror has imperfections and is bumpy which accents asymmetries. Nothing you can ****ing do either way so who cares?!

Yeah there is, implants and nah I look aesthetic as fck in mirror and notably different on camera
Reply 15
Original post by Kmb123
That's totally normal, and most people's ID's aren't very flattering
Mine is repulsive and doesn't even look like me

But what if it is exactly how we look :frown: God damn I wish I just had a true mirror, reflections lie
Reply 16
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
That's normal, no one's face is 100% symmetrical.

Difference between visible asymmetry and symmetry
You're being punished for your sins.
Reply 18
Original post by Art_Sloan
You're being punished for your sins.

Makes sense. I was symmetrical as a child
Save up for rhinoplasty or a dermal filler injection to sort out your nose. If it bothers you THAT badly. Otherwise, live with it? I'm pretty sure a combination of bad lighting/crappy camera were the culprits though. And maybe you're just not very photogenic. Try contouring with makeup in the future. Celeb makeup artists seem to rely on that. All the best.x

Quick Reply

Latest