The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel S1 - (5th June 2015) Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrigorijC1997
Did people include the outlier for the very first question??? Biggest dilemma going.

No. You don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1981
Original post by кяя
I wrote two ranges and I put (including outlier) and (excluding outlier). Do you think this is okay and will it be marked right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the examiner will mark only the first answer
Original post by vuvuzela
There was more wording than a standard S1 paper, so grade boundaries will be of a medium difficulty paper. Higher than last year, lower than the year before would be my educated guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uhm last year A was 60 and 61 in June 13. xD
Original post by SirRaza97
Bruh i got 133.2 for Var(X). Idk how but okay then.

I think I got the same as you, remember getting a decimal but everyone else seems to be getting whole numbers :confused::confused:
Original post by jshep000
Not at first because I hadn't answered that pmcc bit, I answered that bit when I finished and went back over. Hey calm down it was only 1/2 marks ill drop on that :frown:

you should've just started talking about negative externalities and opportunity cost haha, wonder if they're allowed to award marks for things like that, I doubt it.
Original post by thehollowcrown
Do you include outliers in calculating the range

yh i think so
What was the answer for second to last question a iv). P(AuC) ????
Everyone I spoke to has different answers
Original post by AJC1997
you should've just started talking about negative externalities and opportunity cost haha, wonder if they're allowed to award marks for things like that, I doubt it.

lmao damn economics -_- maybe they would you don't know man. I bet the mark scheme for that question will be lenient
Original post by Mousyy
I think I got the same as you, remember getting a decimal but everyone else seems to be getting whole numbers :confused::confused:

i got a whole number too, how did you get decimals?
Original post by кяя
I got 306 - (E(X))^2. I forgot what the final answer was though. I think it was around 130.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Twas 162 ---- 306 - (12)^2 = 162
Original post by кяя
I got 306 - (E(X))^2. I forgot what the final answer was though. I think it was around 130.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really easy paper, unfortunately didn't have time for questions 4 and 6... just... ten... more... minutes...
Reply 1992
Original post by Angelo12231
Arseys solution will be up in the afternoon. Though I won't look at them purely because this was an easy paper... any more than 6 marks dropped will devastate me for the whole summer.

alright mate congrats
A 61
B 55
C 49
People are saying it was easier, but I would argue that it was a similar difficulty to past papers.
I got 162 for Var(X) or something?
C2 was death but S1 was worse, IMO :erm:

=failed.
This was my reasoning for the housing question, of which would be closer.

I stated J would be closer, as it was more expensive. Due to the negative correlation, I drew graphs like this:

A high P, gives a low D. Therefore the highest P, gives the lowest D. Which was J in this case.
Reply 1997
Wait, WHAT OUTLIER??? :frown::frown:
it seems like it's 50/50 on whether you include the outlier or not for the range, I've seen examples where you do include it and some where you don't include, But I think you only exclude it if they specifically tell you to? Honestly they should just accept either -_-
Reply 1999
Original post by кяя
I wrote two ranges and I put (including outlier) and (excluding outlier). Do you think this is okay and will it be marked right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i dont think it will

sitting on the fence in ur exams is never a good idea sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending