Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsestuff
Someone give me motivation to get out of bed and do another s1 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Valyrian
I've come to the sudden realisation of how ****ed I am :woohoo:

Original post by games211
lool anyone else getting really really nervous

Come on guys! only 1 day left! don't focus on the negative and just keep your head down and keep working! I know S1 is a bore, but do you really want to do it again next year? One.... Whole.... Year.... Of ....Extra.... Boredom.... and ....Suffering... From S1... and if you're doing A2... it's double the pay load... S1 and S2!...

Don't treat it like it's GCSE... A-levels are like 10x harder than gcse

(Not sure if they still do S2.. I'm on a gap year so I'm retaking S1 and S2)

S1 and S2 make a massive impact on your grade... I got A in C1, C2, C3, C4 and 2 Ds in S1 and S2 (LOL)... I got a B overall LOL...
Aiming to get that A overall this year O.o
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bustamove
Come on guys! only 1 day left! don't focus on the negative and just keep your head down and keep working! I know S1 is a bore, but do you really want to do it again next year? One.... Whole.... Year.... Of ....Extra.... Boredom.... and ....Suffering... From S1... and if you're doing A2... it's double the pay load... S1 and S2!...

S1 and S2 make a massive impact on your grade... I got A in C1, C2, C3, C4 and 2 Ds in S1 and S2 (LOL)... I got a B overall LOL...

What do you think will come up this year, not specifics but like certain topics...I hate histograms for some reason...

Don't talk to me as if I've never done S1 before

sorry, I assume most people doing S1 are in year 12 and that this is their first time, coming straight from gcses.... so if I have offended you, I apologize.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JakeJamesMorgan
What do you think will come up this year, not specifics but like certain topics...I hate histograms for some reason...

Not really sure, but I've always seen stuff like Sxy and Sxx come up.. stuff about product moment correllation and stuff on regression always seems to come up...

Normal distribution always comes up, Interpolation (stuff for quartiles, mean and median and standard deviation), Discrete random variables... pretty standard stuff...

The ones that I have seen the least is histograms and coding..

but in regards to specifics.. I'm not really sure... I hope this helps anyway..

0 to 100 real quick 0_0
Not really sure, but I've always seen stuff like Sxy and Sxx come up.. stuff about product moment correllation and stuff on regression always seems to come up...

Normal distribution always comes up, Interpolation (stuff for quartiles, mean and median and standard deviation), Discrete random variables... pretty standard stuff...

The ones that I have seen the least is histograms and coding..

but in regards to specifics.. I'm not really sure... I hope this helps anyway..

Yeah i agree to be honest...Normal distribution is always in S1 papers, but i hate the histogram questions that involve scale factors when working out the width and heights of bars...think there was an example in the June 2014 exam...it really bugs me to be honest. Thanks!
Yeah i agree to be honest...Normal distribution is always in S1 papers, but i hate the histogram questions that involve scale factors when working out the width and heights of bars...think there was an example in the June 2014 exam...it really bugs me to be honest. Thanks!

Do you need any help on it?
Do you need any help on it?

Well, if you are ok with that, then that would very much appreciated! :smile:
Well, if you are ok with that, then that would very much appreciated! :smile:

if you could provide me the link to the paper and markscheme, and tell me what question, I'd be happy to hellp :smile:
Original post by mjods
multiply IQR by 1.5 before you minus from LQ?

nope?:/ can you try it?
if you could provide me the link to the paper and markscheme, and tell me what question, I'd be happy to hellp :smile:

did you do Q7 or 8 in the end?
Original post by frozo123
did you do Q7 or 8 in the end?

ah not yet... I just finished the june 2010 paper like 10 mins ago, I was gonna go sleep and do it tomorrow morning, but I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd stay on here for 5 or 10 minutes to help a few people out before sleeping..

sorry, I'll let you know tomorrow once I've done the paper... It's the international 2014 paper right?
Can someone tell me how to answer questions like b). I would usually work it out, and that seems like long method and doesn't seem the right way to go about it.
ah not yet... I just finished the june 2010 paper like 10 mins ago, I was gonna go sleep and do it tomorrow morning, but I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd stay on here for 5 or 10 minutes to help a few people out before sleeping..

sorry, I'll let you know tomorrow once I've done the paper... It's the international 2014 paper right?

yep the jan one

Q6 June 2014 a) and maybe b) but not so much b) im quite good with interpolation:

Paper: https://1a388b28f5ce9318f837a64962fc3ceab9c61da8.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYU2s1SVY1VDN2Q0U/June%202014%20QP%20-%20S1%20Edexcel.pdf

MS: https://1a388b28f5ce9318f837a64962fc3ceab9c61da8.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYU2s1SVY1VDN2Q0U/June%202014%20MS%20-%20S1%20Edexcel.pdf

Thanks again!
Original post by frozo123
yep the jan one

okay, I'll let you know once I've done it.. Hopefully I get it right, would be awks if I can't get it XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending