The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel S1 - (5th June 2015) Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

what paper would you guys say is the hardest so far, 2014 was pretty routine, ive done 2 papers and I feel quite confident but just want a bit more practice
does anyone have a document/spreadsheet on past grade boundaries recently? or is it pretty safe to assume its normally 60+ for an A
Reply 982
Original post by precious maro
what paper would you guys say is the hardest so far, 2014 was pretty routine, ive done 2 papers and I feel quite confident but just want a bit more practice

2013 R has some really tricky questions
Reply 983
Whats chapter 1????
Reply 984
Original post by SeanFM
So I assume you've put in y=e/10, so you have e/10 = something... so how would you get e on it's own to have it in the form e = ...?

i have done it, thanks anyways

Jan 2015 IAL and June 2013 (R)
Original post by Boundless_x
Are you sure you do stats? :tongue:

Spoiler

As a Further Mathematician I haven't looked at S1 since we finished it in December...

I've just found it all, and it ain't so bad as I thought it was :tongue: thanks though!
Can someone explain what is Area= k × frequency? + 1433439584492.jpg why we didn't we subtract 3/10 - 1/5 to find the probability that women are late ? + 1433439685936.jpg please explain part a
The May 2013 (R) paper is so hard :frown:
Original post by Ambrina
Jan 2015 IAL and June 2013 (R)

Original post by SSD07
2013 R has some really tricky questions

thanks guys
Tip:
Remember to match up your variables to X and Y in regression questions to ensure you use the right values for sum of squares formula.
Original post by bat_man
does anyone have a document/spreadsheet on past grade boundaries recently? or is it pretty safe to assume its normally 60+ for an A

If you're doing IAL (I am) then grade boundaries can come around 58-59 too. for Jan 2015 IAL it was 59 for A and 51 for B
Jan 2015 IAL
Original post by Ambrina
If you're doing IAL (I am) then grade boundaries can come around 58-59 too. for Jan 2015 IAL it was 59 for A and 51 for B

Im not doing IAL... but thanks anyway!
Most challenging normal distribution question I've found on a paper is this. Was on solomon B. Go through it if you like a challenge.
Original post by Alexion
As a Further Mathematician I haven't looked at S1 since we finished it in December...

I've just found it all, and it ain't so bad as I thought it was :tongue: thanks though!

Eeek! Further maths? Just normal maths is more than enough for me... And loool that explains a lot! But what about mocks, you never revised?:confused:
Anyway good luck with revision and tomorrows exam :smile:
Reply 996
which paper is this?????
Are you guys expecting an easy or a difficult paper tomorrow?

Can anyone help me with this question?
Reply 999
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Are you guys expecting an easy or a difficult paper tomorrow?

difficult

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending