The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel S1 - (5th June 2015) Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BBeyond
what question was this can't even remember it? the last 1? if so no you'd lose accuracy marks and that's it 3/6 maybe 4

fs man things aren't working out for me :frown:
Original post by scales1996
What did you find hard of out interest? Maybe you're only thinking about the bits that didn't go well and overall you did okay!

That is very sweet. I just dont think i have the sufficient understanding of what the actual formulae do and what the probability elements are so from Q3 i was quite thrown. I found that the exam put a twist on things i usually rely on and find easy like normal distribution.
Original post by scales1996
70 degree done more accurately due to median being closer to 70, train station was house J I think I put?? Because it was cheaper per square meter as r was negative.I think that one was that it was unreliable because the temps were out of range? :smile:

Oh no I calculated for price per meter square for the H and J house thing and then compare the 9 houses together, not 2 house only as they asked "most likely" instead of "more likely" so I just compare all of them and chose the 1850 ones. Dont know how many marks I lost for that one :frown:
And the last one, ughhh I calculated PMCC and said it is possible. Damn. Do you remember how many marks was that question and the housing thing?
Thank you :frown:
Original post by thehollowcrown
I got the angle of 70, could be wrong

I got that tooo :smile:
For the venn diagram, I got 31 for the number of students who didn't take biology, chemistry, or physics, did anyone else? Because the total number in the circles added up to 49 so 80-49=31?
legit dont even care about the grade, i needed UMS marks and i reckon i got about 82/83 so sweet, BUT, can someone post the method for the last question? couldn't do that **** at all, got 21 then was like hang on, gotta be over 28, but didnt have time to redo it
what was that coding question all about??:s-smilie:
Original post by Year11guy
What did you get for the outside of the venn diagram? Some people got 31 and others 22.

Original post by frozo123
fs man things aren't working out for me :frown:

at least these are only resits, smash your important exams!
The which house was closer to the station question was trying to trick you I think, unless I got it wrong. You had to work out the price per metre squared and the cheaper house ended up being more expensive per/msquared as it was smaller, so House H was closer due to the negative correlation/inverse relationship, right? :s
Original post by AJC1997
because you know the probability of X>28 is 0.0808

and P(X>w|X>28) = 0.625

so the (X>w) part has to be 0.0505, as it has to divide by 0.0808 to give you 0.625.

so look up 1-0.0505 in the table, as it's greater than, to find 0.9495 in the table which has a z value of 1.64.

Probably explaining it badly

ahhh rwljng i nearly got it -_-
For the venn diagram, I stupidly thought there were only 60 people instead of 80 and wrote 2 on the outside of the venn diagram instead of 22 (which everyone else in my school did). I used the diagram for all my answers but do you think that will affect my marks because hopefully i got the inside correct. I also did 47/60 for one of my answers instead of 47/80.

OMG I got 2 for the outside as well. I think I made the same mistake but it should be okay because the other questions didn't really involve that little '2' on the outside
What did you get for the outside of the venn diagram? Some people got 31 and others 22.

I got 22
Reply 1792
Original post by jhjamie
Were there 22 people not taking anything?

Yeah 22 did nothing
Original post by seph_muriel
what was that coding question all about??:s-smilie:

a=1800
b=10
Original post by RhinoBiker
For the venn diagram, I got 31 for the number of students who didn't take biology, chemistry, or physics, did anyone else? Because the total number in the circles added up to 49 so 80-49=31?

Mine added up to 58 ;_;
Original post by jhjamie
Were there 22 people not taking anything?

I got 22 on the outside....yupp
I got house H for the nearest to the station as the highest price per square metre the less the distance from the station?
Original post by 1998
I got 29.2 for the last q w - anyone else???

Yes!!! I did too😀 phew someone else has the same answer... I spent ages on that question:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond

at least these are only resits, smash your important exams!

Nah this was a real one lol
Original post by AJC1997
The which house was closer to the station question was trying to trick you I think, unless I got it wrong. You had to work out the price per metre squared and the cheaper house ended up being more expensive per/msquared as it was smaller, so House H was closer due to the negative correlation/inverse relationship, right? :s

That's exactly what I did!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending