The Student Room Group

What would I need to do?

Hello everyone,

First time poster here, just wondering if anyone could help me out, i've been looking for information about applying for University again.

A little background: I'm 22 (next month), I've been to Uni before, I started when i was 20 (took a year off after GCSE, did a college diploma at 18 - 20). I left my course in April 2013, I took no exams, got no results.

I'll be 22 next month and after working for nearly 2 years I decided that I want to go back and get my Degree.

What would I need to do?

Have I taken too much time off? Would I need to redo my college? Can I just re-apply with my college diplomas? When should I apply? Where do I apply?

Thank you for reading.
Speak to a Uni that offers a degree you are interested in is your best bet. Start by taking a look at entrance requirements and work from there. Speak to admissions. Some qualifications cease to be relevant after a time or the University want to see more recent study. But you will only find out what those limits are and if they apply to you by speaking to the University in question.

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by LilBlueBug
Speak to a Uni that offers a degree you are interested in is your best bet. Start by taking a look at entrance requirements and work from there. Speak to admissions. Some qualifications cease to be relevant after a time or the University want to see more recent study. But you will only find out what those limits are and if they apply to you by speaking to the University in question.

Good luck

Good afternoon

You could consider an Access to HE course. There are many variety of pathways to choose from in which a tailored for entry to university courses after just 1 year. Funding my also be available to you dependant on your previous course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending