The Student Room Group

Girls? Pretty dresses? HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY?

Scroll to see replies

The most I've ever spent on a dress was £400 and I've never worn it again. :bricks::facepalm:
I would pay max 30 pounds per dress
I probably wouldn't pay above £40-£50 for a dress, unless it was for a wedding or something. I wouldn't feel too guilty about buying 3 dresses for £90 though. I might need them someday and it would save having to go shopping (and risking spending even more money) and not being able to find any I liked.
I've spent around £100 each on my two white-tie dresses. (They were customised and tailor-made though, so I'd say the price is reasonable!) For my cocktail dresses and everyday dresses I wouldn't usually spend more than £30.

I don't think your dresses are too expensive, especially if you really love them. Why don't you buy your very favourite one first, and then buy another later if you're not satisfied with owning just one? After all, £30 is a lot less than £90!
Reply 24
Why haven't we seen the dresses??
Original post by happysmile
how much did you spend on your prom dress? :tongue:

I got it as my birthday present that year so I didn't actually pay for it but it was £230
Original post by Sarky
Why haven't we seen the dresses??

I wouldn't post them in case no one else thought they were pretty and judged me :shy2:
Reply 27
Original post by Maid Marian
I wouldn't post them in case no one else thought they were pretty and judged me :shy2:

Oh well **** that. If you like them then thats all that matters.
I spend about £25-£35 on a normal dress but got a prom dress for £300.
£30 is an average amount for a nice dress
Considering I pay ~£80 for my jeans...
Original post by Maid Marian

Stawp. We all want to see them and revel in their glory.

I mean, really, the amount you'de be willing to pay depends on how pretty you find the dress right?

So we need to know how pretty these dresses are to consider how much we'de pay for them.

(Obviously I don't wear dresses so I dunno why I said we; I just want to see them)
30 pounds is average on the highstreet imo.

post them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest