The Student Room Group

Why girls like tall guys

Tall guys usually have a tall father and a short mother. This means height is inherited from your father so this would explain why girls like tall guys. By choosing a tall guy she can pass the height genes to her babies so there are evolutionary reasons
do you have any scientific/statistical evidence for this or is it just from a handful of your own observations
I just like tall strong men, short guys don't do it for me
Original post by Anonymous
Tall guys usually have a tall father and a short mother. This means height is inherited from your father so this would explain why girls like tall guys. By choosing a tall guy she can pass the height genes to her babies so there are evolutionary reasons

That’s interesting! To be honest, I don’t particularly mind about a guy’s height. I’m 5’8, and tend to wear heels often - so usually my general guide is 5’6 as a minimum. The thing that annoys me more so, is if I’m talking to a guy shorter than myself, and they’ll keep pointing out how much taller I am, or highlighting how short they are in comparison/getting defensive about their height. The right woman will like you - however I think often times, men sabotage themselves by projecting their own insecurities.
Reply 4

Girls like tall guys as its evolutionary for a women to look for protection. In the modern world, there is less need but 10,000 years ago a 6'2 guy was handy for defending her and the kids from wilderbeasts!
Reply 5
big hoodies to "borrow" innit
Reply 6
Not sure a few inches in height really makes much difference against a wilderbeast. I put it down to it being one of a number of differentiating male traits

Girls like tall guys because when they're wearing nothing but one of his old T-shirts, it can double up as a dress.
Reply 8

They like tall men because of sexual dimorphism, heterosexual men being attracted to feminine features, and
heterosexual women being attracted to masculine features. More tall= more masculine, more dominant. It's really not that complicated.
Original post by Zarek
Not sure a few inches in height really makes much difference against a wilderbeast. I put it down to it being one of a number of differentiating male traits

No. It just feel different having a tall guy next to you. It feels good....how idk how to describe it though.
Original post by username6440587
That’s interesting! To be honest, I don’t particularly mind about a guy’s height. I’m 5’8, and tend to wear heels often - so usually my general guide is 5’6 as a minimum. The thing that annoys me more so, is if I’m talking to a guy shorter than myself, and they’ll keep pointing out how much taller I am, or highlighting how short they are in comparison/getting defensive about their height. The right woman will like you - however I think often times, men sabotage themselves by projecting their own insecurities.

I have a lot of friends your height who dated shorter guys, it was like a curse. My small friend group I was in had lots of girls around 5-6 to 5-10, and one girl who was 6'5 (not a typo), but most of the guys were very averge, like 5-6 to 5-11. It was weird cause it just happened, We became friends at a younger age, it just happened that all the girls came from taller familys I guess. It didn't help that the girls wore heels a lot too lol. so yeah when dating happend a 5'8 girl and 5'6 guy was pretty common.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending