The Student Room Group

Learning the material

Okay, So to by best knowledge, I believe that I understand the material and what's happening (in that current time), but only when I have my notes etc with me. I physically cannot learn the information, it just won't go in. Everyone has different methods for learning chemistry, and I want to know what's yours! Maybe it just might be the method that helps me learn it. Thanks in advance :smile:
Write it all down.

Then look at your notes, see what you didn't write down.

Write it all down again.

Write it all down again.

Repeat until your notes are what you're writing down.

Then do some practice questions until you can do those faultlessly.
Original post by Infraspecies
Write it all down.

Write it all down again.

Write it all down again.

Repeat until your notes are what you're writing down.

Then do some practice questions until you can do those faultlessly.

This sort of robotic strategy, whilst maybe okay for simple exams, gets exponentially worse with increasing material volume and complexity of content. It also relies on the hope that the exam you get is similar to past exams.
Reply 3
Original post by In One Ear
This sort of robotic strategy, whilst maybe okay for simple exams, gets exponentially worse with increasing material volume and complexity of content. It also relies on the hope that the exam you get is similar to past exams.

I do have to agree with you on this one. My chemistry teacher is good and does condense the work, and even with that and small writing, my notes are over an A4 book for each module. I feel I'd be simply wasting time rewriting the books word for word.
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
Bump
i just try do test papers and look at the mark schemes... hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest