The Student Room Group

Moving to CloudLearn

Because of many complications between my family and my Sixthform, my parents are going to have me finish my A-levels online through Cloudlearn. (I'm in year 13).

Has anyone had any experience with online learning and using CloudLearn? I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Maths.

Also I'm having to move from EDEXCEL A-level Maths to AQA A-level Maths? Any input?
Reply 1
How have you been finding it so far looking to do my gcses with them
Original post by leahkj
How have you been finding it so far looking to do my gcses with them

I ended up using Oxbridge Home Learning instead.

If you're still looking for one, then I would say that this one is pretty good? But it would depend on if you prefer to teach yourself. I still use outside sources for my revision but the textbook is pretty detailed so I never really get to the point where I need to speak to my tutor.

You basically get given a "text book" of sorts and the assignments which builds up your predicted grades. You do get a tutor for it though, so if you struggle on something they can help you.
Reply 3
Original post by s.trawbearie

If you're still looking for one, then I would say that this one is pretty good? But it would depend on if you prefer to teach yourself. I still use outside sources for my revision but the textbook is pretty detailed so I never really get to the point where I need to speak to my tutor.

You basically get given a "text book" of sorts and the assignments which builds up your predicted grades. You do get a tutor for it though, so if you struggle on something they can help you.

hii, i was thinking of applying to it i wanted to ask what grades you got and what other materials for revision did u use thank u
Reply 4

Hello, I was planning to do the same A levels
with them. How was the learning experience with them?
Original post by raffie
Hello, I was planning to do the same A levels
with them. How was the learning experience with them?

They were actually very helpful but I would say that it definitely depends on what type of learner you are. I needed loads of explaining and repetition so it really helped bc there were loads of practice questions that i had, and you can always talk to your tutor for each subject. I always asked and you’d get an email back within the next day. I would say they were really really helpful!
Reply 6
They were actually very helpful but I would say that it definitely depends on what type of learner you are. I needed loads of explaining and repetition so it really helped bc there were loads of practice questions that i had, and you can always talk to your tutor for each subject. I always asked and you’d get an email back within the next day. I would say they were really really helpful!

How was the materials? i have read that some of their things have fault on it. Did they also help you with the practicals?
Original post by raffie
How was the materials? i have read that some of their things have fault on it. Did they also help you with the practicals?

I didnt really notice a fault in them? But if you do find a fault i think you can just tell your tutor but I found the materials really helpful? I could try see if i still have a few copies to show you what theyre like?

Also with the practicals you need to book them independantly with a exam centre but they do explain them briefly.
Reply 8
I didnt really notice a fault in them? But if you do find a fault i think you can just tell your tutor but I found the materials really helpful? I could try see if i still have a few copies to show you what theyre like?

Also with the practicals you need to book them independantly with a exam centre but they do explain them briefly.

that’s so kind of you, I really appreciate your help. Thank you
Reply 9
Hey I am thinking of signing up with Oxbridge learning college, could you tell me about your experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending