The Student Room Group

Should I skip revising misrepresentation?

Hi! I'm a first year LLB Student. I really don't want to revise Misrepresentation because it is so long and there's so many cases. My lecturer even told us to avoid the question if it comes up. I'm wondering whether I could skip revising for it? Because...in the exam, we'll have 4 questions, and we have to pick any 2. So even if Misrepresentation comes up, I'll just skip it.

What's your thoughts? Thank you! (:
go for it, what is misinterpretation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would love to know which university you're at which would allow you to a) Answer a problem question purely on misrepresentation and b) answering two questions constitutes your Contract mark.

Misrepresentation is a topic which can be meshed with many others such as offer & acceptance, consideration, common mistake, exclusion clauses etc.

You don't want to get into an exam and see a question which is perfect for you then see the misrepresentation part and think damn.
I did coursework (30%) and now I have exams (which constitute 70%).

I'm at BPP University College. I'm pretty sure a problem question on purely misrepresentation can come up as it's such a big topic.
Original post by HizzyGhafoor

I'm at BPP University College.

FWIW they've called themselves 'BPP University' (no 'College') since 2013.

If there are only four questions and you have to pick two then you can't afford to be too selective in what you learn. That probably means that you can afford to drop no more than two areas of the course. From what I remember of my contract law exam there, and past papers I've looked at, the easiest question is always the one that includes stuff about offer & acceptance, plus whatever other junk they through in (most likely consideration). So whatever you do, don't drop those.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HizzyGhafoor
I did coursework (30%) and now I have exams (which constitute 70%).

I'm at BPP University College. I'm pretty sure a problem question on purely misrepresentation can come up as it's such a big topic.

That's pretty surprising. I know people at some universities where the weighting is pretty similar but still have to answer 4 questions in their exam.

If that's the case then you can probably get away with leaving it out then. A whole question on misrepresentation would be a joy to read. If I was faced with the opportunity of a problem question just on misrepresentation, I think I'd jump at it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yup, just double checked the past paper..."Candidates must attempt TWO out of the FOUR questions..."
Absolutely, always minimise the quantity of your revision and focus on the quality.
Exactly. I only have 11 days before my first exam (which is contract), and instead of wasting a couple of days trying to get my head around/memorise misrepresentation, I could spend that time more productively on other topics which are likely to come up (Offer/Acceptance/Consideration/Promissory Estoppel/Exemption Clauses and so on).
Original post by Forum User
FWIW they've called themselves 'BPP University' (no 'College') since 2013.

Good knowledge :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending