The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully Carrick is back for the West Brom game. Its become a huge game, well the next 2 games are massive. Win those and thats champions league football sealed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 541
Original post by Dee .. ♥
I know who you are :mmm:

wtf is this thing doing in our thread :lol:
Reply 542
Original post by Eboracum
I realise I'm not liked on here, and tbh, I've just about had it with Van Gaal and United after this match. You won't have to listen to my moaning for the rest of the season.

Thank god.
Reply 543
Original post by Eboracum
I realise I'm not liked on here, and tbh, I've just about had it with Van Gaal and United after this match. You won't have to listen to my moaning for the rest of the season.

You're not disliked, just banal and repetitive.

Plus you wouldn't know success if it hit you in the face.
I don't understand what's going on here.
Original post by qasidb

Excellent
Sniff it Eboracum.
He's like the Riku of football :rofl:
Reply 548
Pity Ebo. But yeah can understand the frustation. We did well up to this game. We were all over Chelsea last week so hope was high for this game. And we bottled it. I think its naivety. And no Carrick to control those back four. Blind is good, but currently I prefer him to be at the left side.
Reply 549
Original post by fallen_acorns
sorry mate.. but well.. its true - If you guys had not bottled in, you would actually be within a shot of 4th place right now.

Team should not have given up after the arsenal loss, as they seemed to have

Dont flatter yourself, it was after the united loss.
Original post by fadhli
And no Carrick to control those back four. Blind is good, but currently I prefer him to be at the left side.

In any case, I think it's sad that United (and England, come to think of it) are so reliant on Carrick to win games against decent teams. We need a plan B, really.

I personally like Van Gaal, but his problem is that he took months before finding a decent blend out of a legion of brilliant players, but the gameplan is easily beatable by making a few key tactical moves (e.g. Zouma on Fellaini at Chelsea, Osman on Mata in this game). We've got a great starting XI, but no-one beyond that XI seems to be able to slot in seamlessly.

I do hope we get Guardiola once he's done at Bayern.
At least last week in defeat, we could say there were positives to take in pushing the champions elect in terms of control of a game but today, nothing to shout about.

They scored an early break away goal and have no doubt if Fellaini was playing against anyone but Everton, he would score that or at least make the GK work. He didn't have his best game but still would have kept him on a little bit in the second half.

Rooney up front, looks poor in his general play. In the past six weeks, his touch has looked a tad sloppy - maybe tiredness plus being captain etc taking its toll. De Gea's concentration was not there today as shown by his indecisiveness at times and it's worrying, with the Real rumours picking up.

We are going to have games like this and a solution has to be found. Neville mentioned that United were struggling to get in behind them and with this style of play, that's going to be really rare from United now I feel. But defending is easier for teams like Chelsea/Everton showed today. If Di Maria shows the form of last season, he could be that option we need to break teams but he's really low on everything - confidence, control. It looks bleak atm for him.

Just incredibly fortunate that Liverpool didn't win yesterday otherwise it'd be a tad uncomfortable.
Rooney is injured, really worried now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rooney is injured, really worried now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is he actually?

Hopefully Van Persie can start the next game if Rooney's out. Otherwise, I'd start Fellaini/Wilson up front.
i only saw the last 2o minutes but i thought some of the play was alright. Not unduly worried. We'll still get top four and losing this game doesn't suddenly make us bad after our phenomenal recent form, including the Chelsea game. I've noticed some histrionic overtones in some discussion here recently. I don't see it as warranted.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xKay
Dont flatter yourself, it was after the united loss.

you may have started it - but we killed off that last bit of hope
Liverpool will be 1 point behind us when we play our next game...
Original post by sr90
Liverpool will be 1 point behind us when we play our next game...

That next game is against West Brom and I can't see their bus holding out at Old Trafford. Liverpool blew their chance yesterday, if they won then I would understand being a bit worried but you have nothing to be worried about now. Liverpool have to win every single game including Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and hope United lose 1 and draw one to finish top 4, not happening.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 558
Original post by samir12
That next game is against West Brom and I can't see their bus holding out at Old Trafford. Liverpool blew their chance yesterday, if they won then I would understand being a bit worried but you have nothing to be worried about now. Liverpool have to win every single game including Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and hope United lose 1 and draw one to finish top 4, not happening.

Chelsea has wrap up the title at this stage. They may loose up a bit and Liverpool might get something there. We need to start winning. Otherwise we might lose out on top 4
Original post by fadhli
Chelsea has wrap up the title at this stage. They may loose up a bit and Liverpool might get something there. We need to start winning. Otherwise we might lose out on top 4

Liverpool need the 3 points at Stamford Bridge though, Mourinho will just park the bus and a draw will not be enough. He will not want to be losing against Liverpool at home either.

Latest