The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayles101
We need to take a leaf out of arsenal fans book I guess.

Nothing but understanding when Van Persie left to fulfil his ambition of winning the PL. :colone:

Evidently playing for the 2nd best team in Turkey at age 31, on £230k/week, was also on the list.
Original post by Déscartés
Swap deal with Lucas anyone? Ik swap deals rarely happen but I don't see why such a deal wouldn't Ilford through.

Would rather take King Eric's opinion and get Pastore, TBH.
Original post by 9910224
Would rather take King Eric's opinion and get Pastore, TBH.

So Pastore in addition to Schweini, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata and Carrick? Lucas is a very good winger and seeing as di Maria would take his place I reckon he'd be happy to come.
Pastore can play as a CM and he's great for versatility reasons. Blanc likes him and he gets good gametime under him so why not.

Only guy I realistically see leaving due to Di Maria's arrival is Lavezzi.
Original post by zKlown
I don't like the tone of that article

It's hurt my feelings

Lol what you mean by anti van gaal bro?
so ADM'S saga is almost over just need to agree a fee or whatever it is we have left but now we have to deal with DDG offer the lad a contract both now (have we even tried this?) and during the course of season.Get Mata and Hererra maybe Pedro to convince him to stay aswell...
Hopefully the ADM deal is finalised tomorrow and we can move on..

Pedro's move should be accelerated but the pace/creative type that LVG has noted, besides the higher class of Ronaldo/Bale that won't happen, maybe a combination of Pedro/Depay could provide that this year..
Original post by Dirtybit
Lol what you mean by anti van gaal bro?

Just the general tone of the article, the language used seems like the reporter doesn't really like Van Gaal.

Just my impression
My initial feelings about Bale are that I wouldn't care about blowing another record fee on him. Big name, winger, scores goals, creates goals, knows the premier league. Not sure that type of player should be our priority but I just feel like I want Bale :|
Original post by Aky786UK
Pedro's move should be accelerated but the pace/creative type that LVG has noted, besides the higher class of Ronaldo/Bale that won't happen, maybe a combination of Pedro/Depay could provide that this year..
You're probably right. Realistically who is for sale, and which of those clubs are going to be selling at this stage of the window? Not many options.

Think we need a WC or Euro year to get someone like Bale, need Real to be blowing cash on the next big thing and making space.
Original post by Fizzel
You're probably right. Realistically who is for sale, and which of those clubs are going to be selling at this stage of the window? Not many options.

Think we need a WC or Euro year to get someone like Bale, need Real to be blowing cash on the next big thing and making space.

lavezzi?
Original post by scrawlx101
lavezzi?
He's 30 and he's garbage anyway. Don't rate him at all.
If PSG we're willing to do a swap deal it'd be with one of their sh*tter players.
Bale could have been here a couple years ago but wanted the 'Madrid dream'.

Cant see him coming unless Hazard/Reus go the other way.
Original post by Amphiprion
My initial feelings about Bale are that I wouldn't care about blowing another record fee on him. Big name, winger, scores goals, creates goals, knows the premier league. Not sure that type of player should be our priority but I just feel like I want Bale :|

Bale is difficult. Very difficult. But if were ever going to get him its now.

We have massive leverage with De Gea. He's just come off the back of not the greatest season so unlikely to be a fan backlash. And in the sales of ADM, Van Persie, Falcao, Nani and Rafael.. we have a mass of wages spare, not to mention huge fees to throw at Real.

It's difficult of course.. but I'm definitely not ruling it out. Could happen for many reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

We have massive leverage with De Gea. He's just come off the back of not the greatest season. And in the sales of ADM, Van Persie, Nani and Rafael.. we have a mass of wages spare, not to mention huge fees to throw at Real.

It's very difficult of course.. but I'm definitely not ruling it out. Could happen for many reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do we though? Wouldn't we have got Ramos if this was the case?
Original post by Depleted
Do we though? Wouldn't we have got Ramos if this was the case?

We aren't willing to put a load of money on the table for Ramos though. Plus I know for a fact the fans would kick off more about Ramos leaving than Bale.

Ramos is Spanish, captain, club legend. They aren't exactly loving Bale over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We aren't willing to put a load of money on the table for Ramos though. Plus I know for a fact the fans would kick off more about Ramos leaving than Bale.

Ramos is Spanish, captain, club legend. They aren't exactly loving Bale over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but Perez is a huge fan of Bale and Ancelotti being sacked is partly attributed to his poor handling of Bale. Benitez has offered Bale a role on his favoured LW position, so I think he'll stay for at least another season.
Original post by Depleted
True, but Perez is a huge fan of Bale and Ancelotti being sacked is partly attributed to his poor handling of Bale. Benitez has offered Bale a role on his favoured LW position, so I think he'll stay for at least another season.

Possibly. Depends how long they feel he'll stay. His wife and child have stayed put in the UK. If he is going to go in the next year or two anyway and they know that then it may suit them better to make it now to get the best available price plus include De Gea in that.

We will see. Expect us to have a damn good go anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have massive leverage with De Gea. He's just come off the back of not the greatest season so unlikely to be a fan backlash. And in the sales of ADM, Van Persie, Falcao, Nani and Rafael.. we have a mass of wages spare, not to mention huge fees to throw at Real.

It's difficult of course.. but I'm definitely not ruling it out. Could happen for many reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't Bale also take a lot of abuse last season from fans in Madrid? Always a chance he's had his fun in Spain living the lifestyle in the sun with the tapas and beaches and that there is still a bit of him that wouldn't mind fish and chips or a greasy spoon breakfast again in an English speaking country eh? Lots of players say they would like to spend some of their career in Spain, he's done that, would be nice if he's ready to come back and make his club Utd.

Latest