The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

U116 Environment: Journeys through a changing world.

Plan on sitting this module in the future, it sounds really interesting, has anybody taken it and explain how they found?

also if any body has PDF's that they ould send me so I can take a look I would be appreciative :smile:

Don't know wether to sit this module this year or S104 Hmmmmm.
I haven't taken it but know many many people who have.. What pathway are you on? Is it compulsory?

They generally say the module is very easy, so easy it's borderline boring!! S104 is intense so if your new to studying then do U116 first!!

If U116 is not compulsory I would seriously think twice ably doing it, the level 2 and 3 module of this is far more interesting and will stretch you!!

As for PDFs I will ask one of
My mates for it for you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Lambert87
I haven't taken it but know many many people who have.. What pathway are you on? Is it compulsory?

They generally say the module is very easy, so easy it's borderline boring!! S104 is intense so if your new to studying then do U116 first!!

If U116 is not compulsory I would seriously think twice ably doing it, the level 2 and 3 module of this is far more interesting and will stretch you!!

As for PDFs I will ask one of
My mates for it for you!

After MU123 I plan on studying MST124 and MST125 but as well as that I want to study S104 and U116, after that I'll probably study the level 2 modules. I want to go onto university to study Civil Engineering or Geology, Geology interests me a lot but then Civil Engineering does. I emailed my local university and they replied that they would most likely accept OU credits, so having Geology as an interest and goal I would assume to study the modules I've listed.

If anybody can add some advice or help in the right direction then your very much welcome.

(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all

I'm after the pdf too if possible.

I start Q52 in October and would like to get the reading started.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Original post by TiborVolcsei
Hi all

I'm after the pdf too if possible.

I start Q52 in October and would like to get the reading started.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks

U116? I don’t have these sorry. Mostly ones starting with M or S
Original post by Lambert87
U116? I don’t have these sorry. Mostly ones starting with M or S

That's fine.

I am after the following, if you can help that's great.: -

- S112
- SXF206

And a whole lot, but if I could get these first I would be happy. :smile:
Hi there, i know some of these are old threads but im starting U116 then S112 from this October... any reading and notes much appreciated.
Hi, I'm thinking of starting this course this year too. From your experience, what textbook should I read/are there any other resources I could read to start getting prepared? Also did you do the 2 courses in 1 year, if so how intense is it to fit it in? I work full time 5 days a week so not sure if I could do both modules in 1 year. Thanks!
Reply 8
Hi im stating in October. Would appreciate note. And how did you find the first year

Quick Reply

Latest