The Student Room Group

Thinking of changing one of my A-Levels

Currently my choices for A-Levels are as follows:
History (the subject I want to take onto degree level and pursue as a career)
German
English Literature
Physics (to drop after AS)

I really enjoy all of these options apart from English Literature. I have a horrible feeling that I am going to have a really bad time studying it for two years if I don't like it; the only reason I'm taking it currently is to strengthen my position in terms of heading for a history degree.
Another subject I love is Geography. I really enjoy the subject and feel I could probably do better in it than in Literature at A-Level whilst enjoying it more. However, my question is would it be unwise to change from English Literature to Geography, in terms of damaging the strength of my chances for a history degree, or should I go for it and end up with History, Geography, German and AS Physics?

Thank you for any replies, this is an issue I feel I need to put a lot of thought into
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Don't do English just because you feel you should. Do Geography if you want, surely the only pre-requisites for the vast majority of History degrees is History A-Level? History departments often favour languages (due to the need to read source texts in foreign languages sometimes) so that's probably more or just as useful.
Take whatever you will enjoy most.

Quick Reply

Latest