The Student Room Group

i'm not enjoying one of my courses, but i don't know if switching would be worth it

howdy!

tldr: i'm not enjoying one of my subjects because when i signed up i THOUGHT i'd enjoy it in theory, but i don't in practice. i am considering changing courses but i fear i'm being stupid or i'm giving up too soon & should stick it out for longer. has anyone else had a similar experience, or advice for what i could do?

i've changed courses, changing from btec to a-levels, & i'm much more happy doing a-levels than btec, which is good for me. sadly though i'm not really enjoying one of my a-level courses but i'm a little over two months into it & the realisation is a bit recent.

a good portion of my desire to change courses is because it isn't what i really... expected, in a sense, & everything is very fast & i guess too difficult for me to keep up with. i know a-levels are much harder than anything but it's mainly this subject that is grinding my gears a lot. my other two subjects i enjoy greatly & understand well. the other large portion is no longer finding the subject enjoyable BECAUSE it's too much, too complicated for me to wrap my head around. i think i thought that because i liked the ideas & concepts in theory i'd enjoy it in practice; i don't.

the other subject i'm considering changing to is something that i know i do greatly enjoy & something my other subjects would be helpful for. i just really dread that i'll come in too late, or that i'm being stupid, or that i'm giving up too soon, that i should just stick it out to try harder. i'm considering talking to my tutor, to try figure out what to do & if it's worth changing.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest