The Student Room Group

BA Animation- Westminster or Middlesex?

Hi everyone, I want to study BA animation at university, and I am currently deciding on my primary and insurance choices. However, although I have visited both universities, I can't decide whether I want to study at either Westminster or Middlesex university. Could you give any advice to help me, possibly even if you have experience studying animation at Westminster or Middlesex?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Sorry, I haven't had experience with Animation nor did I go to university yet.

But, I'll tell you my experience with Middlesex.

I attended an interview for Illustration for Middlesex (not far off from Animation). Honestly speaking, it was one of the worst interviews ever. The woman interviewing me asked me 3 questions regarding Illustration and not one bit about my work. After those 3 questions, she turned me down and said I wasn't ready for a BA and had to do a foundation course even though she stated that my work was "really good". This was my experience with Middlesex itself. Your experience might have been different.

However, I heard good things about Westminster for digital media courses such as Animation. But, I think you should go to a university that will help you and welcome you.
Reply 2
Original post by hello-chan
Sorry, I haven't had experience with Animation nor did I go to university yet.

But, I'll tell you my experience with Middlesex.

I attended an interview for Illustration for Middlesex (not far off from Animation). Honestly speaking, it was one of the worst interviews ever. The woman interviewing me asked me 3 questions regarding Illustration and not one bit about my work. After those 3 questions, she turned me down and said I wasn't ready for a BA and had to do a foundation course even though she stated that my work was "really good". This was my experience with Middlesex itself. Your experience might have been different.

However, I heard good things about Westminster for digital media courses such as Animation. But, I think you should go to a university that will help you and welcome you.

Thanks for the response :smile: I'm sorry to hear that your interview didn't go so well. However, your info has been helpful! Especially your point about digital media courses in Westminster.
Moving this to a more appropriate forum. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Roving Fish
Moving this to a more appropriate forum. :smile:

Sorry, I'm new to the site and I was a little confused about what forum to put it in. I had a suspicion I was wrong, haha
Reply 5
Hello could you give me advice on the portfolio for Illustration. Number of drawings, presentation... thanks.
Westminster over Middlesex purely because of the area
Reply 7
Hi applying for her ba illustration
What were the questions about illustration?
About the industry? Illustrators?
Thanks for your help
Reply 8
Original post by Uni64
Hi everyone, I want to study BA animation at university, and I am currently deciding on my primary and insurance choices. However, although I have visited both universities, I can't decide whether I want to study at either Westminster or Middlesex university. Could you give any advice to help me, possibly even if you have experience studying animation at Westminster or Middlesex?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Westminster should always be your first choice! It is the best university for creatives there is no other. I graduated mdx, this is a choice but it should be your last choice Westminster 1 uel 2 chose a random 4th and mdx 5 I hope that helps! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest