The Student Room Group

*sigh* biology and chemistry

with exams getting closer im trying ever so hard to do well, but biology and chemistry are just, *sigh*.

im doing OCR past exam papers and i generally do quite well, above 80% consistently, and above 90% often but i dont feel ready. i dont feel like im up for the exams. i am not sure why, but i feel that all the past papers ive done wont be representative, and im thinking that there are things that i have missed out etc. i still have difficulty understanding exactly what the biology questions ask for e.g. when they say "explain how cells are organised in multicellular organisms" i had no idea it mean tissues and organ systems.

what do i do? exam papers arent helping enough, ive made all my notes now, but to no avail!
Reply 1
If you're at school/college, talk to a teacher or tutor. They will be able to help you if you describe your problem. It feels horrible going up for exams in Biology and Chemistry because the boards are making them consistently harder as the years go on.

We're literally being pitted against a system designed to weed us out.

But if you keep remembering that you've learnt the material and that you're already doing well (hell, I'd kill for those marks!) it will help your confidence. (I find that highlighters really help in exams, as well as reading mark schemes and EXAMINERS REPORTS (bolded because I can't recommend these enough, they're so useful) before you go in.)

Good luck!
Reply 2

with examiners reports, how do i use them? when i went through them i didnt find them useful, but im getting the idea that im not using them correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest