The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee loan for EU Student if already has Master Degree

Hi,

I`ve got my Master Degree from my country (EU), but really would like to re-qualify, Am I not entitled to any Financial Support in UK? I completed 5 yrs, full time uni, but know want to become a Clinical Psychologist - it`s hard to do it without uni. Any advise? Maybe you can recommend me any websides with scholarships/loans for students?
Original post by kgk
Hi,

I`ve got my Master Degree from my country (EU), but really would like to re-qualify, Am I not entitled to any Financial Support in UK? I completed 5 yrs, full time uni, but know want to become a Clinical Psychologist - it`s hard to do it without uni. Any advise? Maybe you can recommend me any websides with scholarships/loans for students?

Tuition fee loans from student finance are only for those without a degree, regardless of where it was obtained from. The only exceptions are the PGCE and health courses like nursing. Psychology wouldn't be covered.
Reply 2
many thanks for help. What would you advise person like, me? Keep on searching founds (knowing that I can barely maintain myself right now so can`t afford any uni) or just give up on it in UK and maybe try with another country?
To become a clinical Psychologist in the UK, you need to complete a clinical psychology doctorate. That is funded (at least for UK students, you'd have to check where EU students stand). However you will need to complete a psychology degree or a postgraduate conversion course.

The conversion course would be the best bet. It isn't funded, but it is only a year long. There may be loans available for it. For example I know for certain Northumbria offer loans to cover tuition fees.
Reply 4
great! I`ll check it out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending