The Student Room Group

**** I'm so scared Tories will win now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Borgia
Because it's always funny to see someone with a private school education doing a mediocre degree at an average uni spout this sort of nonsense when you know full well that they will be middle of the pile in the future

Having a private education does not make someone a genius. Your attitudes towards those who have more money than you, are rather appalling.
Reply 61
Original post by EatAndRevise
Having a private education does not make someone a genius. Your attitudes towards those who have more money than you, are rather appalling.

I am actually pretty wealthy. Yet I don't look down on my poorer peers based on the successes of my parents. Very easy to spout 'only the lazy don't succeed' and other such nonsense when you haven't had to do anything, and are unaware of what a mediocre existence you are walking into yourself
Reply 62
If you look at the constituencies which are usually represented by the conservatives, I think you will find that these areas tend to be doing better than the areas which are represented by Labour MPs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by floury
Haha typical ad-hominem attack when there is no comeback. I love how you failed to address the point.
Anonymous! Nice shiny new account you have there I see.

I'm sorry but you're positively unmistakable with your favourite one/two lines there.
Reply 64
Original post by timetoella
Anonymous! Nice shiny new account you have there I see.

I'm sorry but you're positively unmistakable with your favourite one/two lines there.

I don't know who/what you're talking about to be honest. It is common knowledge that Labour have not a jot of economic competency.
Original post by floury
I don't know who/what you're talking about to be honest. It is common knowledge that Labour have not a jot of economic competency.
Hmm hello Anonymous.
Original post by Borgia
based on the successes of my parents.

Original post by Borgia
when you haven't had to do anything

Original post by Borgia
Because it's always funny to see someone with a private school education doing a mediocre degree at an average uni spout this sort of nonsense when you know full well that they will be middle of the pile in the future

From your two posts, it it apparent that you seem to have a certain dislike/hatred towards someone who has attended a private school and ends up doing "a mediocre degree at an average uni". I suppose you believe everyone who is privately educated gets everything handed to them by their parents?
I find the demonisation of the "rich" so utterly hilarious. How are policies that discourage ambition in any way helpful? Many of those people are from the hard-working middle class who have worked like dogs their whole lives, planned their finances responsibly and thought about the future. How is that a bad thing?

The only people losing out on the welfare reforms are those who have no reason to be on welfare. I personally know several people sponging off the system. It's disgusting and it's evidently not a tiny minority, and it makes me sick that my taxes are being used to allow these people to sit on their arses watching daytime TV and buy drugs while people who really need benefits lose out.

Obviously austerity is **** but it's a necessity to fix Labour's mess. There is no denying that Labour overspent, so it's Labour that we have to blame.

The Tory policies also support and encourage small businesses and opportunities such as apprenticeships.

Fundamentally, I just don't feel that, as an ambitious and hard-working graduate attempting to live in London where the AVERAGE house price is half a million and most homes in the centre cost far more, Labour has anything to offer me, although I'd love to be convinced otherwise.
Some very interesting articles from Peter Hitchens, a man who is more genuinely conservative than any prominent Tory, they may change your view.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....m-the-uk-.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...e-miss-it.html

And finally, if you get time-

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....ill-valid.html

A must read IMO.
Original post by hdindak
lol are you retarded?

thats just what rich people say- meanwhile daddys feeding them with a silver spoon and buying them a private jet for doing well in their exams

I don't think you should be asking him if he is retarded, especially when you spout that sort of nonsense.
I don't think you should be asking him if he is retarded, especially when you spout that sort of nonsense.

ahaha whys that- the views he hold are totally non sensical i cant even comprehend how someone could think that
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Some very interesting articles from Peter Hitchens, a man who is more genuinely conservative than any prominent Tory, they may change your view.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....m-the-uk-.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...e-miss-it.html

And finally, if you get time-

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....ill-valid.html

A must read IMO.

lol daily mail- well thats obv gonna be neutral
Original post by Bornblue
Only if by 'down' you mean massively increased.
Unless you're a millionaire YOU ARE VOTING AGAINST YOUR OWN INTEREST in favour of a few exceptionally wealthy individuals.

unless you're voting ukip, because of no tax on minimum wage and leaving the eu to support small business not big business?
I find Labour voters even more pathetic than most people probably do. If these people could spend just 10 minutes realising the world isn't against them and that opportunity is out there if they are willing to grab it (as countless others have done before) then maybe they would have less contempt for the successful. Bunch of weak willed peasants.
Original post by hdindak

It's the mail on sunday, and it's Peter Hitchens, who is a thoughtful, respected man, not a bigot or a moron. Just take the time to look at this arguments before glibly dismissing them, because he is more intelligent and principled than most in the media and most politicians.
Original post by hdindak

Do you disregard every article that is linked to you? 99% of newspapers are bias.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's the mail on sunday, and it's Peter Hitchens, who is a thoughtful, respected man, not a bigot or a moron. Just take the time to look at this arguments before glibly dismissing them, because he is more intelligent and principled than most in the media and most politicians.

aha ok will read and get back to u
Original post by c_al
If you look at the constituencies which are usually represented by the conservatives, I think you will find that these areas tend to be doing better than the areas which are represented by Labour MPs.
Didn't occur to you that these are usually already rich areas? The rich buy the expensive houses in expensive areas. They keep themselves well away from any eye shot of poverty, out of sight out of mind. They shut their doors and vote Conservative in the hope that they can preserve their lovely existence and won't have to bother with the likes of the poor.
Do you disregard every article that is linked to you? 99% of newspapers are bias.

no just the scummy right wing ones
Reply 79
From your two posts, it it apparent that you seem to have a certain dislike/hatred towards someone who has attended a private school and ends up doing "a mediocre degree at an average uni". I suppose you believe everyone who is privately educated gets everything handed to them by their parents?

No. I have nothing against either. What I don't like, is seeing people who have had everything easy and still only done fairly well saying how life is tough and people should get used to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending