The Student Room Group

**** I'm so scared Tories will win now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by hdindak
no just the scummy right wing ones

What about the clueless lefty rags like the Graun?
Original post by minor bun engine
I find Labour voters even more pathetic than most people probably do. If these people could spend just 10 minutes realising the world isn't against them and that opportunity is out there if they are willing to grab it (as countless others have done before) then maybe they would have less contempt for the successful. Bunch of weak willed peasants.

Yeah, or maybe just people who can see through endless Tory sleaze, corruption and lies. Ever wondered why the whole media is dancing to the tune of Labour-SNP coalition and not one mention of Tory-SNP coalition, not one single question? Total and utter subservience to Troy directives from the media. And, if you read the Hitchens article below on who has the real motivation in breaking the UK up, you will understand that your one dimensional potrayal of non-Tories is an utter joke.
Original post by Borgia

more my thing
Original post by hdindak
ahaha whys that- the views he hold are totally non sensical i cant even comprehend how someone could think that

I could say exacty the same about your views. In fact, your views are probably even more ridiculous than his.
Original post by Borgia

Clueless as in exposing expenses, phone hacking, and endemic surveillance and the like? And anyway, they pretty much support neoliberal consensus as far as I can tell.
Reply 85
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Clueless as in exposing expenses, phone hacking, and endemic surveillance and the like? And anyway, they pretty much support neoliberal consensus as far as I can tell.

Clueless as in demanding that we go into Syria and attack Assad, while the Mail to it's rare credit sussed out the rebels for what they were immediately.
Original post by Borgia
No. I have nothing against either. What I don't like, is seeing people who have had everything easy and still only done fairly well saying how life is tough and people should get used to it.

You think that going to a private school is having "everything easy"?
Original post by hdindak
no just the scummy right wing ones

Which ones are "scummy right wing ones"?
Original post by Borgia
Clueless as in demanded that we go into Syria and attack Assad, while the Mail to it's rare credit sussed out the rebels for what they were immediately.

Oh, Ok, I thought you meant something stereotypically lefty but yeah, hate their support for moronic liberal interventionist missions. It's another one of these issues where many modern neoliberals or neoconservatives, would wrongly assume you were lefty, whereas in fact many stances are perfectly consistent with an older form of conservatism that they have nothing t do with.
Original post by Bornblue
You can't be tory and care about the poor, disabled and the sick.
The two are mutually exclusive.
At least Thatcher had the decency to admit she didn't care. Don't pretend you do.

I think you're forgetting that Cameron's son is disabled here... He won't want to ignore an issue so close to home to him.
Original post by EatAndRevise
Which ones are "scummy right wing ones"?

anything associated with rupert murdoch
Original post by Life_peer
You're biased peasants who rather blame the Government for your own misfortune than accept responsibility. Get up and find a way to succeed, there are countless possibilities, otherwise shut up.

Well said

Hear hear
Reply 92
You think that going to a private school is having "everything easy"?

Fairly easy yes, and I went to one. My parents can pay for a better education, my time at uni and support me while I look for a good job afterwards. Yes I have had awful things happen in my life (that fortunately don't happen to most people), but I can't really say anything about social circumstances.
Original post by hdindak
anything associated with rupert murdoch

Hahaha :hahaha: You think The Times is a "scummy right wing" newspaper?
Reply 94
Original post by annarchy.
I think you're forgetting that Cameron's son is disabled here... He won't want to ignore an issue so close to home to him.

How very very naive. Cameron is a millionaire. He can afford any treatment or care his son needs.
How many on here would GENUINELY look to move to another country if they do not get the outcome they want in this election?
Original post by Bornblue
So you're supporting a party which has caused mass youth unemployment?
Lol.

Erm youth unemployment is at its lowest for 6 years, back when Labour were in power.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-fall-in-youth-unemployment
Original post by Borgia
How very very naive. Cameron is a millionaire. He can afford any treatment or care his son needs.

I know, and think that these people wouldn't use sentimentality or their own kid to advance themselves. You don't get to be PM by being a normal person. They are ideologically opposed to universal free services, they believe in the American ideal.
Original post by timetoella
Didn't occur to you that these are usually already rich areas? The rich buy the expensive houses in expensive areas. They keep themselves well away from any eye shot of poverty, out of sight out of mind. They shut their doors and vote Conservative in the hope that they can preserve their lovely existence and won't have to bother with the likes of the poor.

So if you were rich you'd choose to live in a flat on a council estate over a detached house in a nicer area? Give me a break.
What offends you about some people having money and using it to better their quality of life?
Hahaha :hahaha: You think The Times is a "scummy right wing" newspaper?

yeah not a fan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending