The Student Room Group

wjec c1 maths 13th may

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by VeepFan
and then on that weird binomial, i had n=5 and a=-3/2 ?

I had n=5 but I think I had a=-15 not sure at all though
Reply 61
no roots so K ended up> 15/2 ?? i got stuck there too
Reply 62
Original post by Iyaz
.... hmm not sure if troll or ...

Noo im serious
Reply 63
Original post by Mr rump
I had n=5 but I think I had a=-15 not sure at all though

Sorry to tell you but a was -3 :/
Reply 64
Original post by Ayaz123

Ahh well, how do you do it?
Reply 65
was 2)b) 5 - _/22
I did Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Ayaz123
Noo im serious

You can't get an A* at AS Level.
You were given it from the last question, I only realised once I'd found it again through inspection though
Reply 69
Original post by Ayaz123

I see how it's 3 now, I thought the formula was a^n + a^(n-1)b but it's actually a^n + na(n-1)b so I should have divided -15 by n which was 5! How many marks will I lose? It was out of 4, I showed working out and the examiner will see the mistake in my formula so will I get follow through marks?
Reply 70
Original post by VeepFan
was 2)b) 5 - _/22

I got that as well.
Reply 71
Original post by Iyaz
I got that as well.

gooood cos that was like the most difficult surds q i had seen so i was worrying
Original post by Mr rump
I had x=40 and put it back into the L equation to get L=80 is that correct? Or was I just meant to leave it after solving X

I got that too but i had no method, because I simply forgot, everything was so awful! so i guessed and judging by what people are saying it's right.
Reply 73
What did you guys get for an answer to Q9 (a) it asked for a sketched graph of f(1/2x) I stretched the graph by a factor of 2 on the x-axis was I correct in doing that? Also a real shame they didn't ask a similar question in 9(b) that's usually 6 easy marks.:angry:
Reply 74
Original post by rhys3010
What did you guys get for an answer to Q9 (a) it asked for a sketched graph of f(1/2x) I stretched the graph by a factor of 2 on the x-axis was I correct in doing that? Also a real shame they didn't ask a similar question in 9(b) that's usually 6 easy marks.:angry:

yeah thats what i did. it was so annoying, instead angharad wants the answer to the simplet question to answer yet really difficult to phrase
Reply 75
Original post by VeepFan
yeah thats what i did. it was so annoying, instead angharad wants the answer to the simplet question to answer yet really difficult to phrase

Yeah, it was especially challenging considering I had to answer it in welsh whilst reading the English paper.
Original post by VeepFan
x=40 for the stationary points riddle?, i mean 'question'

yeah me too although i don't think ill get the method marks. i just guessed that one in the end:confused:
Reply 77
Yeah, it was especially challenging considering I had to answer it in welsh whilst reading the English paper.

ooh, i ended up writing like 7 lines to make sure my point was put across
Original post by SoThisIsStresful
yeah me too although i don't think ill get the method marks. i just guessed that one in the end:confused:

I did exactly the same

yeah exactly, i felt like most of the paper was a little odd compared to past C1 papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending