The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 21.27.33.pngThis was just mean of AQA
QUOTE=jessm8;55806133]honestly if aqa are following their 6 marker trend this year i think it'll be on describing and explaining someones results or planning your own experiment just a thought really :s-smilie:

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 21.27.33.png
Reply 21
hahaha i prefer those ones because you have more of a chance because you're given pretty much all the information you need
Reply 22
Original post by jessm8
hahaha i prefer those ones because you have more of a chance because you're given pretty much all the information you need

I literally described it as much as possible, although I couldn't find any explanation to go with it
P2 topic predictions?
Reply 24
Forces on Elastic objects
Static Electricity
Momentum
Series and Parallel circuits
Nuclear Fission
Nuclear Fusion
Original post by 11Jason11
Forces on Elastic objects
Static Electricity
Momentum
Series and Parallel circuits
Nuclear Fission
Nuclear Fusion

Confident with all of these so that's promising haha, thanks.
I really don't get momentum, can someone please explain to me what we need to know? :s-smilie:
Original post by Lauren-x-
How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was talking to my teacher and he gave me an answer that would be worth 5/5 for a transformer question so I memorised it aha:
An alternating current is passed through the the primary coil. This produces an alternating magnetic field. The alternating magnetic field passes through the soft iron core. The magnetic field flips inside the secondary coil. This induces and alternating potential difference inside the secondary coil. An alternating current then flows through the secondary coil.

He said that the word 'alternating' is very important to get you full marks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by electrahearts
I really don't get momentum, can someone please explain to me what we need to know? :s-smilie:

Just remember that momentum is always conserved. This means that the initial momentum is exactly the same as the final momentum. For example, before a cannon has shot a cannonball, nothing is moving so the momentum is zero. This means that when the cannonball has been shot, the overall momentum is still zero because momentum is conserved. So if the cannonball leaves the cannon with a momentum of 80kgm/s, then the cannon itself would need a momentum of -80kgm/s to make zero. It is negative 80kgm/s because the cannon has moved in the negative direction (backwards) because it recoils when the cannonball has been shot.
i'm guessing fusion/fission, stars or velocity time graph for the 6 marker
I'm stressing out so much about physics, especially P3. Like 75% of P2 is equations so that's all right but P3 is just awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to various reasons and I'm just relying on my A* in my ISA (don't get me wrong it was centre of mass, it was really easy) & P1 to boost my grade up whatever I get. Plus my teacher is really nice but he just lets the class talk, writes answers on the board 5 seconds after telling us questions, and doesn't really teach that well so I'm having to rely on the CGP book :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by ladyrailly
I'm stressing out so much about physics, especially P3. Like 75% of P2 is equations so that's all right but P3 is just awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to various reasons and I'm just relying on my A* in my ISA (don't get me wrong it was centre of mass, it was really easy) & P1 to boost my grade up whatever I get. Plus my teacher is really nice but he just lets the class talk, writes answers on the board 5 seconds after telling us questions, and doesn't really teach that well so I'm having to rely on the CGP book :frown:

P3 is the easiest one!

If you prefer to be taught than teaching yourself from the revision guide, I would advise buying the mygcsescience videos but if if it's too late to buy a description then try finding some youtube videos where certain topics are explained!
P3 is the easiest one!

I beg to differ :eek:
Reply 34
I use MyGCSEscience and it's helping me a lot!
Original post by maxjackson5
If you prefer to be taught than teaching yourself from the revision guide, I would advise buying the mygcsescience videos but if if it's too late to buy a description then try finding some youtube videos where certain topics are explained!

It's not that I mind the CGP book it's the fact that I'm having to do so much in such a small amount of time... kind of my fault that I didn't realise just how much I needed to understand & catch up :c
It's not that I mind the CGP book it's the fact that I'm having to do so much in such a small amount of time... kind of my fault that I didn't realise just how much I needed to understand & catch up :c

Oh, well all you can do is work hard now, I'm sure you can do it, good luck!
Reply 37
Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to answer the equations, like how do you know which equation to use? I find this a bit confusing! Thanks.
Reply 38
Original post by a456
Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to answer the equations, like how do you know which equation to use? I find this a bit confusing! Thanks.

They give you the formula's on the equation sheet in the exam= You will be required to rearrange the formula
Reply 39
They give you the formula's on the equation sheet in the exam= You will be required to rearrange the formula

Thank you, but how do you decide which equation to pick from the sheet? I always end up confused which one it is? Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending