The Student Room Group

PSYA2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Holly_dawsonn
Did anyone write about ECT on the 12 marker also? I did most of my description on ECT but also did drugs just incase

Yes! Completely right after speaking to my psych teacher you could of done one or both together I did both to ensure my marks
Reply 21
Did anyone write about ECT on the 12 marker also? I did most of my description on ECT but also did drugs just incase

Yes! Completely right I asked my psych teacher and she said you could right in detail about one or in less detail about both! Sure u will have done good :smile:
Original post by Katehx
Yes! Completely right after speaking to my psych teacher you could of done one or both together I did both to ensure my marks

Yay! Good job I wrote about it then as I was confident with ECT whereas I wasn't certain on drug therapy
I didn't realise you had to suggest a therapy for Janet? I thought it was explain why she was stressed... I put C for the first question too :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Rebeldred
you might get away with it with your evaluation point and drugs

How can psychologists deal with ethical issues ??
I put right to withdraw and informed consent

I put presumptive consent and debrief
Reply 25
Original post by Serena_lantey
Apart from delingis who else could you have wrote about for daily hassles? And what is the answer to the positive and disadvantage of scatter graphs ?

advantage= that you can see a link between two variables that you cannot manipulate/naturally occurring IV
disadvantage=not a casual relationship

I did that aswell, I did most of it on ECT, the added a little bit on drugs at the end because I still had 15 minuets left :smile:
Original post by livtheblondie
I didn't realise you had to suggest a therapy for Janet? I thought it was explain why she was stressed... I put C for the first question too :smile:

I don't remember the question asking to suggest a therapy for Janet. How did you explain it? I talked about Marmot testing the job strain model and that he found that people with low control were more stressed
Original post by cat000
I think you could because the anti-anxiety drugs are mentioned in stress and in biological therapies for abnormality :smile:

You know for the question 'outline research into daily hassles?' did you write about the nurses who kept a daily about their daily hassles etc? I'm not sure if i answered that one correctly

Thank you, hopefully!

I wrote about a study with central executives answering questionnaires on daily hassles, life changes etc... couldn't remember what the study was called though!
Original post by chamberlains
I messed up the 6 marker on behavioural... i did biological instead :frown: and the first question got me thinking.. it took a while to get my head aroud :':wink:

there are too many 'B's' in PSYA2!!
Original post by Rebeldred
you might get away with it with your evaluation point and drugs

How can psychologists deal with ethical issues ??
I put right to withdraw and informed consent

I put what you put but said about debriefing too after the experiment in case of deception
Reply 31
Original post by beckyjdavey
I have a problem, I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?

Ive donevthe same thing but i also talked about the ECT and i think its fone
Reply 32
I have a problem, I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?

The question only mentioned discuss it didn't say evaluate so would I have lost marks for not evaluating??
Original post by kirstjg
The question only mentioned discuss it didn't say evaluate so would I have lost marks for not evaluating??

I think AO2 is evaluate but not sure... Normally its 6 marks for outline and 6 marks for evaluate.
Reply 34
I wrote my whole 12 marker on ECT with two strengths and three weaknesses (just because had a bit of time left) hopefully we will be fine as ECT AND drugs are biological therapies
Reply 35
You could have also wrote about Kanner
Reply 36
Original post by kirstjg

Discuss means you have to outline and evaluate
Reply 37
Original post by Katehx
This is gonna sound daft but the very first question I marker the answer was C right? I couldn't stop doubting myself haha

I got that, think so
Reply 38
Original post by Rjcx
I wrote my whole 12 marker on ECT with two strengths and three weaknesses (just because had a bit of time left) hopefully we will be fine as ECT AND drugs are biological therapies

Drugs, ECT and psycho-surgery would all be correct
Reply 39

As long as you explicitly stated how Benzo's and Beta's help with abnormal behaviour e.g. ..as a result they would reduce the levels of stress and thus are beneficial for patents who suffer from anxiety disorders .

Beta's, Benzo's, Chlorpromazine,Clozapine and SRRI's are all credit worthy drugs!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending