The Student Room Group

CCEA French A2 Exam

Would anyone happen to have the essay questions for 'L'étranger' from the previous years? I literally cannot find enough on the CCEA wesbite. Has Meursault's relationship with his mother come up recently ?And are there any predictions? Many thanks in advance!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Literally banking on that question ha! Possibly the theme of death or structure of the novel.
To answer your question no! Not ever in the new spec :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SebastianCobain
Literally banking on that question ha! Possibly the theme of death or structure of the novel.
To answer your question no! Not ever in the new spec :smile:

Literally! And it so important too so hopeful it will come up. Ohh thank you v much 😊
Original post by elenabyrne
Literally! And it so important too so hopeful it will come up. Ohh thank you v much 😊

Can we predict questions or can we predict questions :smile:))))))))
Reply 5
Can we predict questions or can we predict questions :smile:))))))))

I'd say we could start charging a small fee to predict for future A2 students eh?😊 how did you find the exam overall?
Well I was really dreading the Essay Question so I'm very chuffed about that! However there were a couple of times the listening caught me out and I've really been any good at translations :s-smilie: (but that one wasn't as bad as I have seen in the past papers)

Overall I came out with much less of a panicked feeling then I was preparing myself to have. Although my oral is coming up soon so eh - fretting again ha.

How did you find it?
Reply 7
Well I was really dreading the Essay Question so I'm very chuffed about that! However there were a couple of times the listening caught me out and I've really been any good at translations :s-smilie: (but that one wasn't as bad as I have seen in the past papers)

Overall I came out with much less of a panicked feeling then I was preparing myself to have. Although my oral is
coming up soon so eh - fretting again ha.

How did you find it?

Oh that's brilliant! I feel the exact same, pleased with the essay! I thought the listening was okay as I do have to say the listening is usually my strongest aspect, so I was happy with that. And yea, the translation I just threw myself at and made the best of what I could do because I am terrible at usually hahah. It's not even the vocab, it's that awful grammar! And I was also surprised at the translation in comparison to other years, so hopefully it was decent enough!
I think we feel the same about the exam? Definitely felt more at ease coming out of it than I felt beforehand anyway😊
Reply 8

Overall I came out with much less of a panicked feeling then I was preparing myself to have. Although my oral is coming up soon so eh - fretting again ha.

How did you find it?

P.S I had my oral two weeks ago if you want any information - I know they're not going to be the same but just incase you want an idea of anything, let me know!
oh whoops I mean *never really been any good at translation haha

Yes exactly!! I remembered a lot of the tricks such as using 'propre' for expressing belonging (i think it was my sister's own something) and I think I got the pluperfect near the beginning, and then the conjungution of 'avoir peur'... other than that though I literally put 70% of verbs in the perfect tense haha!!

Same with listening, it was just the third question from the end that caught me out about joint parenting as I couldn't find two points for the two marks. I also had to listen to the percentage question on the first part about 7 times (it was so long for one mark!).

The reading was a treat too with only having one page of written answers :smile:
I actually feel better about this paper then I did after last years AS.
P.S I had my oral two weeks ago if you want any information - I know they're not going to be the same but just incase you want an idea of anything, let me know!

Aw thank you very much :smile: I was two marks off an A in my oral last year so I'm trying to push it up this year.
Reply 11
oh whoops I mean *never really been any good at translation haha

Yes exactly!! I remembered a lot of the tricks such as using 'propre' for expressing belonging (i think it was my sister's own something) and I think
I got the pluperfect near the beginning, and then the conjungution of 'avoir peur'... other than that though I literally put 70% of verbs in the perfect tense haha!!

Same with listening, it was just the third question from the end that caught me out about joint parenting as I couldn't
find two points for the two marks. I also had to listen to the percentage question on the first part about 7 times (it was so long for one mark!).
The reading was a treat too with only
having one page of written answers :smile:
I actually feel better about this paper then I did after last years AS.

Yes! I literally 100% agree with everything you've just said😊 like, I'm not sure how I've done, but I'm happy regardless! Oh really? General conversation is a lost more easy and less daunting than last year! Good luck this year, I'm sure you'll have no problem at all!
Yes! I literally 100% agree with everything you've just said😊 like, I'm not sure how I've done, but I'm happy regardless! Oh really? General conversation is a lost more easy and less daunting than last year! Good luck this year, I'm sure you'll have no problem at all!

Sorry just wondering - what general conversation questions did you get?

Thanks!
Hi guys, sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if any of you sat the A2 Irish (CCEA) exam on Friday, and if so what were your thoughts on it? Thanks :smile:
Reply 14
Sorry just wondering - what general conversation questions did you get?

Thanks!

Oh not at all, don't worry!:smile: I had finished my cultural topic - Normandy - on the history of the region, so he then led into general convo and asked me if I liked history, which I responded yes to and that I wish I had taken it for A-Level and so he asked me about my subjects and which I preferred (I was leading it into that) so I talked about English and my two languages and he asked me why I preferred Spanish so I told him why. I then I said I intend to study it with International Relations in Exeter and he was like 'oh, really!', and asked me if I was interested in Politics. This was also the morning after the General Election so he asked about my feelings of the results so far and who I supported and I mentioned university fees etc.
He also asked about my family and if I get on well with them, so I told him my brother plays golf and he asked if I played so I said no - my interest was in languages and we talked a little more about it and then he asked 'what's in a real paella?' and we ended the conversation on exactly 5 minutes!
I hope that helps some, honestly, just try and lead the general conversation as much as possible as it really helps, and in general, I found it much easier this year as opposed to last year!:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by IrishChick
Hi guys, sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if any of you sat the A2 Irish (CCEA) exam on Friday, and if so what were your thoughts on it? Thanks :smile:

No,unfortunately, hope it went well though:smile:
Wow 5 years later I'm looking for similar advice on ccea a2 - did any of you carry on french?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending