The Student Room Group

Is the Naked palette worth it?

I want to get the palette because the colours look amaaaazing and i want to use it from prom, going out etc, but it's not cheap and I want to know if its value for money or just a waste, and is there a drugstore palette just as good?
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a lot of girls seem to get it, i hear girls in sixth form talk about it all the time so it's probably worth it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kathryn1998
I want to get the palette because the colours look amaaaazing and i want to use it from prom, going out etc, but it's not cheap and I want to know if its value for money or just a waste, and is there a drugstore palette just as good?
:smile: :smile: :smile:

I've got the naked 1 and I love it!! It stays on all night (especially if you use the free primer potion) and looks fab. Whether you want to spend the money or not is up to you. The next best is the sleek palettes which are nearly as good, but they don't stay perfect till the morning like Urban Decay palettes do in my experience.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Oraeng
I've got the naked 1 and I love it!! It stays on all night (especially if you use the free primer potion) and looks fab. Whether you want to spend the money or not is up to you. The next best is the sleek palettes which are nearly as good, but they don't stay perfect till the morning like Urban Decay palettes do in my experience.
Hope this helps :smile:

Do the more recent ones come with the primer potion because I've seen some palettes with a pencil or a brush ahaha
Reply 4
Original post by Kathryn1998
Do the more recent ones come with the primer potion because I've seen some palettes with a pencil or a brush ahaha

Mine came with a few samples of primer potion (but they last ages) and a brush included in the actual case/palette.
I got mine around Christmas, unless by recent you mean naked 2/3 in which case I'm not sure :smile:
Reply 5
YES YES YES! I have the naked 2 & 3 and love them! I have never used another palette in the two years i've owned them! defo worth investing in! The colours are so highly pigmented too which means you don't need a lot for it to show up on your eyes. And it can be adapted for day or nighttime looks!

I would go for the Naked 2 as this is the one I use the most. Bootycall is almost finished infact! :frown:
Reply 6
Yes! i have the Naked 1 palette and I love it soo much - i use it every time i go out or want to do my makeup and the colours are so pretty and i feel like you can use it to create both day and night looks. But if you get it make sure u get the urban decay primer potion because thay makes the eyeshadow stay for ages!! I cant use eyeshadow without the primer because the colours arent intense enough so you have to keep putting layers on and then it creases and melts anyways lol
Can't decide between the Naked 1 and 2. :frown: 3 on the other hand is far too rosy for my liking. Any recommendations?
I've got the Naked palette and I honestly don't think it's worth the money. If I could go back I would have bought the £4 Makeup Revolution palette instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would recommend it! But a cheaper option is the sleek pallets in boots really just as good but buy a better brush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DEFINITELY worth it. One of the best eyeshadow palettes on the market, and it will last you ages.
Original post by lilacunicorn
Can't decide between the Naked 1 and 2. :frown: 3 on the other hand is far too rosy for my liking. Any recommendations?

If you're more cool toned (red/pink undertones to your skin) 2 will suit you better. If you're warm toned (yellow undertones) 1 would be better :smile:
You can get a cheap one for £7 which I swear is exactly the same. It's called W7 in the nude (on Amazon)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
I've got the Naked palette and I honestly don't think it's worth the money. If I could go back I would have bought the £4 Makeup Revolution palette instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree to be honest. The colours are lovely don't get me wrong but there's SO much fallout and they are quite powdery instead of like velvet/buttery (if that makes sense!) Even with a primer it doesn't stay on that long.

I'm gonna get a Too Faced one instead next. :h:

The Makeup Revolution ones are so good for the money, I have the £4 dupe for naked 3 and it's awesome :smile:
Reply 14
I was tempted to buy the naked palette too, but I don't wear eyeshadow that much so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it..
Makeup Revolution have some amazing dupes though - I think the 32 palette one for £8 could possibly be my next purchase 👀 There's smaller palettes as well for cheaper that I've seen reviews on which are good dupes for the naked palettes too!!
Original post by HygieneTherapy15

Posted from TSR Mobile

This!
I have a few palettes by them and I'd recommend them for the pigmentation and the time they stay on my face!
I have the naked 1 and 2,I must say the colour payoff is great,however they tend to crease easily without andeyeshadow primer and there is alot of fall out. I prefer the Naked 2 and recommend it the most and it comes with free primer!
Reply 17
The W7 palettes are good dupes for the Naked palettes. they're only £5 on amazon too.
I love them, just them everyday :smile:
Reply 18
Forget the UD Naked palette, you wants good eyeshadows buy Too Faced shadows OMG and ABH single eyeshadows! Or Morphe Palettes! Swear by them!
First 2 are worth it. Wouldn't bother about any of the others.

Tbh if you were tight on money and had to buy one I'd only get the first one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest