The Student Room Group

I can’t help but starve myself

I am starving myself and drinking just water and Pepsi Max. I want some help with this before it gets too far. I have had an ED for most of my life and it’s so confusing. So far I have nearly reached day 3.
Reply 1
You need professional medical help which you won't get from this site, so please contact your medical healthcare team and believe they have your best interests at heart. Trust what they say.

My comments are not professional medical advice. What you will get here is lots of support from TSR a lot of genuine and heartfelt advice (some good, some not so) But you are the one who has the answers to this, you just need to allow your head to believe you want to live life to the max, not live life in limp home mode. Unravel your life tape and work out why you wanted to embark on food restriction and then reverse that play back. When food restriction has ceased to give you the rewards you crave then do something about it and get back to where you were.

Why do you hate yourself? Why don't you love your amazing complex human body system that allows you to do so much? What makes you want to screw it into the ground and have an excuse not to explore life on your terms? This isn't about food it is about your head. Your head is out of sync with the rest of you. If you don't find that balance you are closing the doors to so much opportunity, you are just pretending to live your life on the sidelines. Go ahead, keep doing that and you will be a professional substitute in the game of life. Find an outlet that gives you pleasure and a focus other than your own head space. Then remind yourself you have the ability to nurture your self and allow your system to be calm and free. Why are you so afraid to let go?

What are you afraid of? If you want to be insular or masochistic it could be a good time to apply for survival extremes - Survivor, Naked and Afraid etc and make the most of your ability to eat nothing. But you can learn something about yourself at the same time and understand the need for the basics in life survival. Ask yourself what you gain from your current lifestyle?

If you know you are struggling what would it take for you to recover, based on past experience?

You know you can decide so choose laughter, love and accept kindness, not misery. Others may depend on you?

You know you have the answers here and you control your own destiny so just do it.
Original post by Muttly
You need professional medical help which you won't get from this site, so please contact your medical healthcare team and believe they have your best interests at heart. Trust what they say.

This, we are not therapists, most of us here in TSR are not able to directly help you with your ED. However, your awareness is a good sign, you know that you are doing this. Time to bring this to a doctor or mental health professional or someone that you trust.

It may even be worth looking at some resources online. Here's some info I found from mind

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/eating-problems/treatment-support/

You're stronger than your mind allows you to believe. See the professionals, listen and fight for a healthier life.

Quick Reply

Latest