The Student Room Group

Exam preparation

If you have an exam on Tuesday and Friday, which would you revise for on Saturday and Sunday. The Tuesday one is slightly harder but the Friday one is worth a lot more.
Reply 1
Original post by Ybsy75
If you have an exam on Tuesday and Friday, which would you revise for on Saturday and Sunday. The Tuesday one is slightly harder but the Friday one is worth a lot more.

Use your common sense dude...
I would still revise for both but maybe decide my time up to like 70-30 focusing on the harder one, you dont want to not revise at al for one and then have to remind yourself of everything again
Reply 3
Original post by holly1798
I would still revise for both but maybe decide my time up to like 70-30 focusing on the harder one, you dont want to not revise at al for one and then have to remind yourself of everything again

I also have 3 other exams the week after though.
Original post by Ybsy75
I also have 3 other exams the week after though.

Again just sort out your time to what you need to revise for more. I really wouldn't recommend just ignoring one subject thought just because it a while away, you need to keep as much fresh in your mind as you can
Reply 5
So was my revision over Easter pointless? I had classes after Easter too so stopped revision for about 3 weeks then picked it up again once study leave started.
Reply 6
Again just sort out your time to what you need to revise for more. I really wouldn't recommend just ignoring one subject thought just because it a while away, you need to keep as much fresh in your mind as you can

And also do you think it's better as exams approach to just do a couple of ours of revision a day to keep your memory refreshed but not tire yourself out for the actual exam or is it better to do the full 8 hours revision a day to covered much as possible but risk tiring yourself out for the actual exam.
Original post by Ybsy75
And also do you think it's better as exams approach to just do a couple of ours of revision a day to keep your memory refreshed but not tire yourself out for the actual exam or is it better to do the full 8 hours revision a day to covered much as possible but risk tiring yourself out for the actual exam.

I sort of did mine like a school day, I started about 11 and finished at teatime with a lunch hour and a 15 min break whenever I needed it. If I felt like it I would do some in the evening or if I had the exam the next day I would just do about half an hour or so as well but I just sort of did it across the 6 hours still.

I dont see the point in tiring yourself out that much that you begin to hate revision and when you think your revising you just sort of reading and not taking anything in :smile:
bruh just sleep and forget about the exam
Reply 9
I sort of did mine like a school day, I started about 11 and finished at teatime with a lunch hour and a 15 min break whenever I needed it. If I felt like it I would do some in the evening or if I had the exam the next day I would just do about half an hour or so as well but I just sort of did it across the 6 hours still.

I dont see the point in tiring yourself out that much that you begin to hate revision and when you think your revising you just sort of reading and not taking anything in :smile:

That's why I tend to reduce my hours significantly a few days before the exam to a few hours but sometimes I feel bad doing this because many others seem to be doing 12 hours. Although I think I start revising a lot earlier than many people.
I recommend bananas. The slow-release of potassium gives a cognitive-boost both in the build up and on the day. And they taste nice. I love bananas. You can crush them and add condensed milk, but that is a personal thing, not an exam top-tip.

Quick Reply

Latest