The Student Room Group

Retaking year 12 due to mitigating circumstances

I've had many medical problems/depression/anxiety disorders recently. Due to this, I've missed most of my a level exams. The ones that I have done I'm pretty sure I got a U or D because I started having panic attacks during the exam and was taken out of them.

So therefore, will I be able to continue with A2, the upcoming year and next may, sit all my AS levels again. Then the following year take a gap year and do A2 exams at the end of the year??
Original post by maceve
I've had many medical problems/depression/anxiety disorders recently. Due to this, I've missed most of my a level exams. The ones that I have done I'm pretty sure I got a U or D because I started having panic attacks during the exam and was taken out of them.

So therefore, will I be able to continue with A2, the upcoming year and next may, sit all my AS levels again. Then the following year take a gap year and do A2 exams at the end of the year??

Whether you can sit A2s after this will be entirely up to your school to decide. You need to be aware that many subjects will be changing entirely from this coming September and the rest either in 2016 or 2017, so what you can and can't do will depend on what you are taking and when.
Reply 2
I don't think any of the subjects I'm taking are changing yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending