The Student Room Group

King's College London Bioscience Retakes

Are we allowed to resit exams, even if we've passed them? I got an overall 47 for a module that I know I could've done better in and want to retake - but I assume there is no point considering resits capped at 40. Is there like alternative resit available for students that just want a better grade?
Original post by lunax
Are we allowed to resit exams, even if we've passed them? I got an overall 47 for a module that I know I could've done better in and want to retake - but I assume there is no point considering resits capped at 40. Is there like alternative resit available for students that just want a better grade?

Retakes simply to improve your grades if you passed the exam are almost never allowed at university. The exception would be if you can make a really strong mitigating circumstances case AND explain why you did not flag this in advance.
Your mark is your mark. if you provide mitigating circumstances then fine, I would make you resit all modules. You cannot claim mitigating circumstances for the module where you go 47 and then claim you were fine for the module you got 67 for. If you are ill, then you are ill for all assessments taken that semester so you should retake all the module exams/assessments as first attempts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending