The Student Room Group

University transfer help

I am currently retaking a year at the University of Portsmouth, focusing on three modules. However, I don’t want to continue my second year of studies here. I have researched other universities that accept transfers, and my plan is to reach out to them via email to inquire about the possibility of transferring. In the email, I'm wondering whether to mention that I am repeating the year due to extenuating circumstances or not include this.

Thank you to anyone who gives any information :smile:
Original post by Pen48w.
I am currently retaking a year at the University of Portsmouth, focusing on three modules. However, I don’t want to continue my second year of studies here. I have researched other universities that accept transfers, and my plan is to reach out to them via email to inquire about the possibility of transferring. In the email, I'm wondering whether to mention that I am repeating the year due to extenuating circumstances or not include this.

Thank you to anyone who gives any information :smile:

I wouldn't necessarily detail it in the text of your email, (unless there are some mitigating circumstances that you want to cover), but you'll need to provide a transcript for them to consider whether a transfer is viable anyway.

The Transfer FAQ details some of the info they'll need in your email. Your latest interim transcript will cover a lot of bases and they'll almost certainly need it to give you any guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending