The Student Room Group

OCR Computing F451 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
Anyone doing S1 maths on friday as well ?

Yeah, Edexcel?
Original post by ryanroks1
Yeah, Edexcel?

Yeah .. Hopefully the computing revision doesn't hold me back from getting the grade I want ... I only need a minimum of 65 UMS which should be 50 marks or so ... that's predicted though ... busy week next week :P
Yeah .. Hopefully the computing revision doesn't hold me back from getting the grade I want ... I only need a minimum of 65 UMS which should be 50 marks or so ... that's predicted though ... busy week next week :P

Yeah, I have an exam every single day :frown:

I wanted an A in maths but given how hard C1 and C2 were, I'm now going to struggle to get a B.
Yeah, I have an exam every single day :frown:

I wanted an A in maths but given how hard C1 and C2 were, I'm now going to struggle to get a B.

Oooo good luck ... everyday .. gunna be tough but try your best
I found C1 amazing .. but obviously that's just me
C2 wasn't really my cup of tea, I made mistakes and quite a few of them
If you want ... you can tell me your predicted marks .. and I'll let you know how much you need for a B/A if you don't know it already :smile:
0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 even parity
1 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 odd parity
1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 odd parity
0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 odd parity
e e e o e e e e
basically you check each byte for the number of 1s, if there is an even umber of 1s it is even parity, if it is an odd number of ones then it is odd parity, the parity should be the same so the odd one out shows where the error is, and if you check where these lines cross, in my case the first row in the fourth column, that is the bit that has been incorrectly transmitted
Oooo good luck ... everyday .. gunna be tough but try your best
I found C1 amazing .. but obviously that's just me
C2 wasn't really my cup of tea, I made mistakes and quite a few of them
If you want ... you can tell me your predicted marks .. and I'll let you know how much you need for a B/A if you don't know it already :smile:

Judging by Arsey's mark schemes, I think I got around 54 in C1 and 59 in C2.
Judging by Arsey's mark schemes, I think I got around 54 in C1 and 59 in C2.

For a B in S1 you would need a minimum of 49 marks
and for an A you would need a minimum of 70 marks ...
You can still get the A ... just a little bit of hard work will get you there
Short term pain , long term gain ;P
Original post by England97
Any predictions on the 8 mark question

I reckon there'll be a cheeky maintenance,installation or evaluation question from SDLC ...
For a B in S1 you would need a minimum of 49 marks
and for an A you would need a minimum of 70 marks ...
You can still get the A ... just a little bit of hard work will get you there
Short term pain , long term gain ;P

I reckon there'll be a cheeky maintenance,installation or evaluation question from SDLC ...

yep, i agree with this. there has been 8 markers on the design stage and the analysis stage and hardly anything on maintenance or installation or evaluation, and they all have enough to be 8 markers in them
I got 50 in c2 40 c1
Hiw ow many marks for c &ab thanks
Original post by reallytallmidget
yep, i agree with this. there has been 8 markers on the design stage and the analysis stage and hardly anything on maintenance or installation or evaluation, and they all have enough to be 8
markers in them

Really though? Like, what is there to say about maintenance other than programmers fixing bugs?
Reply 192
What do we need to know for the Data protection act?
Original post by An Ignorant Duck
Really though? Like, what is there to say about maintenance other than programmers fixing bugs?

You could say the documentation is also updated
Original post by 0x2a
What do we need to know for the Data protection act?

there has been a question to do with data protection before which you needed to basically know the 8 principles
Original post by Courtneyjso
0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 even parity
1 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 odd parity
1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 odd parity
0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 odd parity
e e e o e e e e
basically you check each byte for the number of 1s, if there is an even umber of 1s it is even parity, if it is an odd number of ones then it is odd parity, the parity should be the same so the odd one out shows where the error is, and if you check where these lines cross, in my case the first row in the fourth column, that is the bit that has been incorrectly transmitted

Thanks that's really useful!
: )
Reply 196
Anyone doing S1 maths on friday as well ?

Yeah, + Chem unit 2 tommorow; have 4 exams this week :/. Not really looking forward to S1, probably my weakest module out of all my subjects but I seem to improving, hopefully edexcel don't screw us over like C1 + C2.
Original post by reallytallmidget
yep, i agree with this. there has been 8 markers on the design stage and the analysis stage and hardly anything on maintenance or installation or evaluation, and they all have enough to be 8 markers in them

Yeah I only though of that cause we got for installation
1.Direct changeover
2.Pilot
3.Parallel
4.Phased
So two for each one = 8 marks
or for Maintenance 3 marks on User manuals 3 marks on Technical manuals even 2 marks for prototyping = 8 marks
or for evaluation
maybe 6 marks on each type of testing
1.Black Box
2.White Box
3.Alpha and Beta
4. Acceptance
2 more marks on the elaboration of the analyst getting paid for this stage etc.
Seems like it makes sense that It may be there. :P
Original post by Ec0n
Yeah, + Chem unit 2 tommorow; have 4 exams this week :/. Not really looking forward to S1, probably my weakest module out of all my subjects but I seem to improving, hopefully edexcel don't screw us over like C1 + C2.

I cannot begin to explain how frustrated and pissed I would be if they give us a *** paper .. that's my hard work for C1 and C2 flushed down a *** hole.
We can only hope .. good luck on it though.
im doing june 2013 paper F451 at 3. anyone want to do the same and compare results? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending