The Student Room Group

How many houses do you/your parents have?

Scroll to see replies

1 on rent
and a few shared investments with friends in various countries
5 by my parents...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKeytoSucess
I love Palm Jumeirah! Would deffo live there, only been there a couple times on holiday, it's breathtaking tho. What persuaded your parents to buy in Dubai if you don't mind my asking?

Yes its absolutely beautiful isn't it? Have you been there since The Atlantis has been built? You should consider living there the next time you visit Dubai :smile:. Well she was among the very first to have bought property in the island and at the time it was a great investment as far as I can tell. :smile:
We have 1
Not sure but probs 2 if one wasn't sold.
Original post by Cewhite
I think what people dont understand os that they were all broughy over 17 years ago when house prices were ridiculously cheap! My Grandparents are working class immigrants so yes my parents have increased their class but we are definately not rich!

Ok... I didn't say anything. Other than that my mum owns a house and I don't because I'm in halls. I'm a little confused... did you mean to quote someone else?
Just the one.
2/3
2 in England, 1 in India.
Reply 109
My mum has 1, my dad has 1.
Original post by hilrho
Yes its absolutely beautiful isn't it? Have you been there since The Atlantis has been built? You should consider living there the next time you visit Dubai :smile:. Well she was among the very first to have bought property in the island and at the time it was a great investment as far as I can tell. :smile:

Yeah, we stayed in the atlantis last summer for the first time. One thing I've really noticed in Dubai is that hospitality towards tourists is unlike most countries because the people are really genuine. I'd love to live in Dubai, but I'm only 16 so can't move there by myself XD , will be heading over there when I finish school tho

Do you usually go on holiday to Dubai?
Original post by Valyrian
I have 2 in my name but my parents own 6 in the UK and 3 abroad (2 houses in HK and 1 in Spain)

That's not bad. HK house prices will be insane right now, won't they?

Are the 2 also in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
That's not bad. HK house prices will be insane right now, won't they?

Are the 2 also in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, HK be blooming :biggrin:

Ye, One's in the University of Portsmouth area and another near central London, easy access etc so good prices :3
Original post by Valyrian
Yeah, HK be blooming :biggrin:

Ye, One's in the University of Portsmouth area and another near central London, easy access etc so good prices :3

Fair enough. I've been looking into getting a flat to rent out to students but I don't even know where to start.

How did you decide on those areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, we stayed in the atlantis last summer for the first time. One thing I've really noticed in Dubai is that hospitality towards tourists is unlike most countries because the people are really genuine. I'd love to live in Dubai, but I'm only 16 so can't move there by myself XD , will be heading over there when I finish school tho

Do you usually go on holiday to Dubai?

I think thats a great idea - you really should! The people are nice and diverse and I love that about it. Also the fact that you can ski and go on a desert safari in the same day doesn't harm either! xD

I visit dubai way too often because my mum and I are constantly travelling through emirates and so we always take a transit for a day or two and stay in dubai. But sometimes we visit Dubai with the pure intentions of just staying there because of work related things. I actually lived in Dubai for a couple of years. :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Fair enough. I've been looking into getting a flat to rent out to students but I don't even know where to start.

How did you decide on those areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My parents do crazy stuff
Original post by hilrho
I think thats a great idea - you really should! The people are nice and diverse and I love that about it. Also the fact that you can ski and go on a desert safari in the same day doesn't harm either! xD

I visit dubai way too often because my mum and I are constantly travelling through emirates and so we always take a transit for a day or two and stay in dubai. But sometimes we visit Dubai with the pure intentions of just staying there because of work related things. I actually lived in Dubai for a couple of years. :smile:

Desert tour, hands down one of the best experiences I've ever had!

Soo lucky! What was it like to live there?
Desert tour, hands down one of the best experiences I've ever had!

Soo lucky! What was it like to live there?

It was nice, going to the beach whenever I want, hanging at the mall, going skiing and having Pierre Hermes Macaroons whenever! Kind of like living in New York but more heat :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest