The Student Room Group

Girls vs Boys preferences

From my experience, I find that boys find physical beauty (including myself, shallow I know!) quite important in a girl, and personally I like GSOH too.
However, naturally I've noticed girls seem to care less about physical attraction and more about specifically the guys confidence over perhaps other aspects.
Thoughts? I worry if I'm attractive enough for girls (despite being toned) but is this important? It stops me from talking to girls, even on a night out :/
Reply 1
Obviously I can't talk for all girls, but I'd pretty much agree with that. A lot of girls don't find 'conventionally' attractive guys that amazing, so don't worry! I think perfect examples of that are quite a few comedians; take Jack Whitehall? Obviously there are a fair few people who only like him because of the money/celeb status blah blah blah, but there are quite a few people I know who would genuinely date him, even though he's not the best looking guy.

Basically, if you've got a good personality, girls will like you, you just have to find the right one! Trust me:smile:
Original post by JBlad
From my experience, I find that boys find physical beauty (including myself, shallow I know!) quite important in a girl, and personally I like GSOH too.
However, naturally I've noticed girls seem to care less about physical attraction and more about specifically the guys confidence over perhaps other aspects.
Thoughts? I worry if I'm attractive enough for girls (despite being toned) but is this important? It stops me from talking to girls, even on a night out :/

For me, too, physical attraction is (hands down) the most important thing.

Yes, from a girl's perspective, confidence in a guy is key. It has always served me well since I've always found getting into relationships easy. So yeah, I'd urge everyone in your position to work on becoming more confident :smile:
Original post by JBlad
I worry if I'm attractive enough for girls (despite being toned) but is this important?

Nope, it's not. You must trust that eventually life will provide a girl that likes what you've got going on, while you in turn like what they've got going on.

There's a few billion women on earth, each one with slightly different tastes. If you're happy with how you look to yourself that's all that really matters, something will appear eventually providing you actually talk to gals sometimes, ye?
Reply 4
Cheers for your input! Yeah I agree, it hasn't helped me moving a lot over the last 2/3 years as I left behind girls I knew etc and had to discover a new place, I guessed I'd wait til uni because then I'd be myself properly and find someone with similar interests :smile: not to mention meeting peeps on nights out over the summer months :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending