The Student Room Group

Do middle class people go to Poundland?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume some do.But I would have thought most go Sainsbury or Waitrose.
They probably pretend they don't, but let's face it, tons of them do - it's a great shop where you can get branded items on a discount.

My family is middle-class and we shop there quite frequently. We also shop at Lidl because it's cheap and the food is good quality.
Some do, some don't.

/Thread
Reply 4
Original post by Stefano93
Some do, some don't.

/Thread

Are you sure you understand the term?
Reply 5
Original post by T.I.P

Get outside
Original post by T.I.P
Are you sure you understand the term?

Bish don't tell me you've never rolled into Poundland to get them 10pack of Twix for a pound.
I don understand why you wouldn't, why would you be willing to pay more than a pound for things like dish sponges and gloves when you know you can get loads in a pack and eventually you'll have to throw them away
Reply 8
Original post by chocolatesauce
I don understand why you wouldn't, why would you be willing to pay more than a pound for things like dish sponges and gloves when you know you can get loads in a pack and eventually you'll have to throw them away
For "quality" reasons possibly?
Original post by T.I.P
For "quality" reasons possibly?

its the same brand
I used to live in a very middle class/upper middle area, and there was a Poundland, it was packed every weekend, men and women in their suits and ties purchasing lunch, household items etc. So I believe some do. Of course it depends on the type of people they are, whether they are the keeping up with the Joneses type that would rather shop at waitrose no matter how silly it is.
Original post by chocolatesauce
its the same brand

Not quite, there was a documentary about Poundland a while back on Channel 4. Quite a few of their brands are imitations, especially their food items. I've purchased Tango orange from Poundland and compared it to the taste of Tango orange from a mainstream supermarket like Tesco, different tastes. The same thing with toothpaste. Poundland has sold more fake colgate toothpastes than anyone else, whether that is intentionally or not who knows.

Quick Reply

Latest