The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Loughbourough took two days i applied for psychology
Original post by Leechayy
Thanks(:

How long did it generally take for you all to get offers and whatnot from unis?
I've applied to Bristol, Sheffield, Warwick, Loughborough and Nottingham for CompSci:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: Economics
Universities: Loughborough, Coventry, Bournemouth, Brighton and Hertfordshire
GCSE grades: 2As, 6Bs and 5Cs
AS grades (predicted/achieved): BCDD
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): ABC
Extra curricular: Treasurer, dofe, sports ect.
Other: -

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: bsc chemistry
Universities: UCL, KCL, Surrey (thinking of changing to Manchester, not sure), Nottingham & Coventry (insurance)
GCSE grades: 1A*,7A,2B,1C
AS grades (achieved): ABCD (A in maths, B in physics, C in chemistry and D was further maths, dropped)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): predicted- AAA/AAB (because C was 1 UMS of a B, and retaking 1 exam in both physics and chemistry)
Extra curricular: (ice) Hockey ( I don't have much time for anything else tbh)
Original post by eharrison1997
Course: bsc chemistry
Universities: UCL, KCL, Surrey (thinking of changing to Manchester, not sure), Nottingham & Coventry (insurance)
GCSE grades: 1A*,7A,2B,1C
AS grades (achieved): ABCD (A in maths, B in physics, C in chemistry and D was further maths, dropped)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): predicted- AAA/AAB (because C was 1 UMS of a B, and retaking 1 exam in both physics and chemistry)
Extra curricular: (ice) Hockey ( I don't have much time for anything else tbh)

A in Maths and D in FM that's weird haha
Your (predicted) grades are great so expect offers !! Good luck
Hi i need major advice and was wondering if anyone was willing to help me out

The two best uni's im applying to are the University of Birmingham and Aston University.

I will be completing the A2B scheme for uni of bham but my question is, if i put uni of bham as my firm choice (which i have to because i will be completing A2B), i would then put aston as my insurance. - and reject all other offers.

However, uni of bham entry requirements are BBB having taken the A2B into account and for Aston its ABB.

Is it silly for my insurance to have higher requirements? What if on results day i dont get into either uni and then im left with no uni place?!
Because ive heard once u reject your other unis, they are highly unlikely to offer you a place through clearing

Can some please give me some advice!!
Just got an unconditional offer for Social Policy at LSE :biggrin:
Original post by h3110

wow well done that's amazing! congratulations :smile: when did you send off your application?
Original post by h3110

WOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH, WELL DONE!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyalice264
wow well done that's amazing! congratulations :smile: when did you send off your application?

thanks! I sent it on the 13th of October
Original post by Princepieman
WOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH, WELL DONE!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, I can't believe it
Original post by emiloujess
This is literally me! The first time I did Chem, Maths, Bio and Psych and got UUEE. Second time I did Sociology, Psychology (different exam board) and Film Studies and got ABC. I declared my old grades and have 3 offers so you should be fine depending on how realistic your choices are :smile:

Omg well done on your offers!
I got 3As and a B this time with my humanities subjects, ive sent my UCAS (applying for law) off so hopefully they can overlook the prev. bad grades in AS sciences :afraid:
Hello!! So I'm trying to look for a course to apply for.... Stuck between Psychology with counselling or Primary Eduction (QTS)

Anyone applying for any of the above? Please reply... Thank you
Original post by h3110
Thanks man, I can't believe it

Have you already done your A levels? :smile:
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Omg well done on your offers!
I got 3As and a B this time with my humanities subjects, ive sent my UCAS (applying for law) off so hopefully they can overlook the prev. bad grades in AS sciences :afraid:

You'll be fine :smile: Law isn't really related to any sciences anyway! Well done on your grades though! Which universities have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by Reader106
Has anyone had a reply from Coventry or Aston University? 3 weeks and not even an acknowledgement letter. I know some universities don't do that, but Im still worried!

Aston don't make any offers until January :frown:
Original post by hazeydaisy
Aston don't make any offers until January :frown:

January?! Omfg. I was actually gonna put Aston as my firm over my uncondtional from University of Birmingham. Actually feel like withdrawing wth. Are you applying for Aston?
Original post by beyknowles2
If you're definitely firming Birmingham in the end then you can just withdraw from your other choices. There's no point waiting for them if you know you'll end up taking this offer. At least then there's one less thing to worry about. And the answer is no they can't take any sort of offer away, unless you don't reply a certain date (May)

Thanks for the reply:smile: UoB was going to be my insurance and Aston was going to be my firm. UoB offered me an unconditional and since Aston apparently don't reply until January time, I might aswell withdraw from Aston and take UoB. But I'm so anxious and I kind of like the challenege and competiton of seeing what universities would accept me. :redface:
Original post by Aquaxo
Don't worry - each department will deal with their own applicants and give out offers at different times! I'm applying for Law at Lancaster, Durham, Nottingham, York and Oxford. I'm sure Lancaster will get back to you soon (in their application receipt email they said 'very soon':wink:!

I agree about Nottingham, it is literally the next city along from me so that is my only reservation :frown: I want to escape!

Let me know how it goes!

So an application for joint honours go through two departments?
Track is down, I can't deal :angry:
Original post by Reader106
Track is down, I can't deal :angry:

I know grrr. I literally check every half an hour to see if i have an offer hahaha.....:')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending